Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with S3F Barrels?

Experiences with S3F Barrels?

I'm looking at a S3F barrel right now. The biggest issue is it's going into a CCF Raceframe and I'm trying to be cautious of the fact they designed the locking block slightly oversized for standard Glock barrels to drop in and claim that improper fitting barrels can cause damage.

I've heard Zev works really good, but can't bring myself to spend $300 on a Zev barrel. <$200 for exactly what I want from S3F would be great if it doesn't need fitting. I tried emailing them to see where there spec fits but haven't heard back.

Contact them on social media, they're rather snappy to reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Contact them on social media, they're rather snappy to reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not that snappy. I sent their CS an email and nothing. Their Facebook admin directed me to Rich who hasn't gotten back to me either. I imagine if I hit up their IG I'd get the FB admin.

I have a thread in the handgun section on initial impression on the S3F Barrel.

Major Takeaways are
    - Tighter Lockup than factory
    - Tighter groups with cheaper ammo (115gr 9mm)
    - They are reliable
    - My G17MOS was shooting to the left about 2-3inch past 15 yards benched. I hated having to drift the rear sight 0.020 inches to the right but after installing the S3F I didn't have that problem
    - I have the TiN coated option since it was available at the time. Frankly Black Nitride or Stainless are fine
    - My model is the standard non-fluted non-threaded
    - I'm gonna try shooting groups with it using self defense ammo, I was able to get a 2.0 inch group at 25 freestyle with Federal HST's 124gr.

Thanks for the info.

Much tighter than factory lock up. I found a threaded fluted black bbl for $145 Now I have to decide if I want to spend the money and hope it fits or get it fitted if it doesn't.

Any guidance on getting bbls fitted...?

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Much tighter than factory lock up. I found a threaded fluted black bbl for $145 Now I have to decide if I want to spend the money and hope it fits or get it fitted if it doesn't.

Any guidance on getting bbls fitted...?
    Don't worry on having to get it fitted. When I say tighter lockup and fit it's compared to the factory barrel.

It'll drop right in. Might seem a little tight but it'll drop in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    Don't worry on having to get it fitted. When I say tighter lockup and fit it's compared to the factory barrel.

As stated in the OP, I'm looking to put it into a CCF raceframe which uses an oversized locking block.

Oh man, I need a coupla these. Watching for used ones on the forums and blemished ones here.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 01-10-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post

Can you tell where it locks up tight? On the lugs or the hood? I'm reading it's tight on the barrel hood, so if it's tight there but good in the lug area then I'd think I should be good to go.

User Tag List