Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Site Supporter
    So will there be a Roland special PCC rifle coming up?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    So will there be a Roland special PCC rifle coming up?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Probably. Where there is a will and a dremel there is a way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Not yet, but I almost don't want to, because I'm afraid I'll end up with a bad case of the wantsies.
    That is how I ended up with my MPX - my shooting buddy is like a vice dealer - wife says I need to quit hanging out with him!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The blowback AR9 carbines, as you know, recoil pretty much directly related to power factor of the ammo being shot. With the gas system, the MPX is very different, and shoots extremely soft with a wide range of ammo. If you Google Taran Butler and the MPX, you will see where he says the MPX has 50 percent of the recoil of a top of the line blowback AR9.
    Action type does not add or subtract recoil energy. It can only change how it feels by altering the attack, sustain and decay of the recoil impulse
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To have fun shooting PCC, bring whatever. To be competitive, you want a carbine that is soft shooting, red dot sighted, easy to reload fast, with a good trigger, that holds +/- 40 rounds.
    Question to any and all; since we have much heavier recoiling single action pistols with great triggers, why is it a challenge to have a decent and durable AR trigger on a 6 lb 9mm carbine?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I know a knock on the SIG MPX for PCC is high $$$ magazines. Still seeing these Gen 1s on sale for three for $60!

http://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-mpx-g...magazines.html

I had a great practice session with the MPX yesterday, and was really looking forward to the match today. Pretty darn cold this morning, but still fine shooting weather.

Stage one, had a bunch of malfunctions, which resulted in the MPX becoming one shot, work the charging handle, and continue. It obviously ruined the stage but more importantly, was the first lick of trouble I have had since the MPX passed its initial break in. I borrowed some oil, lubed it up wet, and had a thought the cold combined with a dry bolt was the culprit. The good news was it ran fine the rest of the match. One other stage I made a rookie mistake related to bore offset. I was tight around a barricade, rolled the gun left, but didn't realize I had moved the dot but not the barrel. I clipped the side of the barricade and managed two mikes/no shoots due to the luck of the deviation through the intermediate barrier. So in overall match placement, on stages I finished 3, 4, 4, 32 and 34. But for the stoppages and bore offset, it would have been pretty good. Here are a few stages, starting with the second string of a classifier that involved support side shooting with the PCC.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The MPX really likes to run wet. We have found that if you don't lube it a lot right before a match, you may run into issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    The MPX really likes to run wet. We have found that if you don't lube it a lot right before a match, you may run into issues.
    What PM is recommended on the MPX beyond running a bore snake through, and lubing the bolt assembly?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You were blazing those pairs.
    What kind of splits are you getting with that SIG?

User Tag List