Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    While 9mm is obviously less noisy and blasty than 5.56mm, it actually recoils slightly more in an AR, all else being equal. The recoil impulse is also "clunkier," probably due to the blowback operation. So while the PCC has a lot going for it, I would not say that softer shooting over gas operated 5.56mm is one of the benefits.
    Have you shot a MPX, which is a gas system, not blowback?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you shot a MPX, which is a gas system, not blowback?
    Not yet, but I almost don't want to, because I'm afraid I'll end up with a bad case of the wantsies.

The blowback AR9 carbines, as you know, recoil pretty much directly related to power factor of the ammo being shot. With the gas system, the MPX is very different, and shoots extremely soft with a wide range of ammo. If you Google Taran Butler and the MPX, you will see where he says the MPX has 50 percent of the recoil of a top of the line blowback AR9.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.A.F.S. View Post
    How is the seating of a magazine loaded to capacity on a closed bolt?
    It seats fine on mine. All my 9mm AR magazines are C-products variants, they seem to have a little space/slack when fully loaded. Of course with a bullpup doing a speedload is not an easy thing with any mag.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    It seats fine on mine. All my 9mm AR magazines are C-products variants, they seem to have a little space/slack when fully loaded. Of course with a bullpup doing a speedload is not an easy thing with any mag.
    Thanks, interesting I have a mixture of Colt, IWI, and PSA magazines.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The blowback AR9 carbines, as you know, recoil pretty much directly related to power factor of the ammo being shot. With the gas system, the MPX is very different, and shoots extremely soft with a wide range of ammo. If you Google Taran Butler and the MPX, you will see where he says the MPX has 50 percent of the recoil of a top of the line blowback AR9.
    Drat, I really hope I don't agree it's that much better, if I ever happen to shoot one. I'm already so heavily invested in the Colt 9mm AR at this point in my PCC life.

Site Supporter
    Do you really need a huge recoil reduction for a rifle in 9 sillymeter?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Love the discussion. GJM, are you converting your new Sp5k to a sbr to run it in some pcc matches? Really want to get a pcc this year... so many toys so little money.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Depends on what you are doing with it. For USPSA, I want the softest shooting PCC that is reliable and ergonomic. That is a want as opposed to need.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Love the discussion. GJM, are you converting your new Sp5k to a sbr to run it in some pcc matches? Really want to get a pcc this year... so many toys so little money.
    I am going to see what Talionis figures out first.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Can't speak for everyone, but for me: need - not so much. Want - hell yes. Why wouldn't you want a feature that makes something easier to shoot? Unless the trade offs are huge bring as much recoil and muzzle rise reduction as possible.

User Tag List