Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Since I can't edit it...

Attachment 12872
    For some reason Thompsons always make me think of the SS officer scene in Fury now.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.A.F.S. View Post
    How is the seating of a magazine loaded to capacity on a closed bolt? With my ar, it can be done but with a lot of effort, and can't be done consistently. On a start that requires the gun be unloaded, I start with locking the bolt to the rear and then insert the magazine. It takes a split second to do it that way but works 100% of the time.

Needs to be able to be loaded without locking the slide back to be time competitive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by H&KFanNC View Post
    I've been jonesing for a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 for a few months now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have one, and have submitted a Form 1 for it. I've got a Silencerco Omega 9K on the way for it as well.

I bought it for funsies, and for the kids to knock down steel plates with. It is a great deal of fun.

I'm very jealous!

I'm looking at leaving it carbine length for a bit but will suppress it. Haven't decided on a supressor yet. Did you have to buy a thread adapter or are the threads "normal"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I bought the pistol version, rather than the carbine. I obtained a 922r kit, so when I fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally get my stamp back, I'll just add the stock and unscrew the flash hider. The can goes right on.

The factory trigger makes an M&P look nice. About 9 pounds and very gritty. But with some judicious work, you can get it to about 5.5 and pretty smooth.

I also sawed off that weird flare at the base of the pistol grip, that was just obnoxious. An Aimpoint Micro works great on it as well. The yard apes are quite eager to see it in its final form, as am I.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Bill Wilson is making up a Beretta mag AR9 for me to try, and I look forward to ringing that out. I expect typical Wilson quality, and fast reloads using the tapered MecGar 92 mags. An issue is there are OEM 30 round mags, but no extensions available for those.
    Very anxious to hear how you like it! I've been holding out hope for the LWRC SMG45 as an SBR but it's still vapor ware. I keep getting tempted to order a Wilson AR9 for Glock mags. I am heavily invested in Glocks and have plenty of mags. Have there been other reports of how they function?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Very anxious to hear how you like it! I've been holding out hope for the LWRC SMG45 as an SBR but it's still vapor ware. I keep getting tempted to order a Wilson AR9 for Glock mags. I am heavily invested in Glocks and have plenty of mags. Have there been other reports of how they function?
    I know Bill is very fond of the Beretta magazine model, and says they are extremely reliable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ive been thinking about the whole PCC thing, especially with the availability of Glock mag AR lower. Seems like a good combo, since my EDC is a G19. Id be able to use my Magpul 21 rd mags as double duty. As mentioned above, by someone, I too often take a 556 carbine to the range and it mostly ends up sitting in the car. Between pistol work, watching the kiddo and wife on occasion the carbine gets neglected, especially since both the wife and son shy away from 556. A nice soft shooting PCC might be fun for all, so it would get used. Any opinons on the Glock mag AR builds?

WRT to defensive use, not sure why people would shy away from using a PCC for defense. Would 556 be better from a ballistics POV; probably. But Id rather have someone use something they train with regularly than try to go at it with some thing they dont. Given the choice of a 9mm handgun or a 9mm carbine I'd venture that the PCC is more accurate and easier to follow up shots. There is still the issue of size and maneuvering in tight spaces for those without the SBR stamp. What doesnt have trade offs??

Site Supporter

Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    A nice soft shooting PCC might be fun for all, so it would get used. Any opinons on the Glock mag AR builds??
    While 9mm is obviously less noisy and blasty than 5.56mm, it actually recoils slightly more in an AR, all else being equal. The recoil impulse is also "clunkier," probably due to the blowback operation. So while the PCC has a lot going for it for training (and fun) purposes, I would not say that softer shooting over gas operated 5.56mm is one of the benefits.
    Last edited by nalesq; 01-05-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Site Supporter

Pistol Caliber Carbine

Duplication error; please delete
    Last edited by nalesq; 01-05-2017 at 11:20 PM.

User Tag List