Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Thanks for the fix.

Costume or not, it can be a lot of fun.... something about blasting away with a Tommy gun....
    Since I can't edit it...

Name:  2012-07-14_10-00-55_719.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  85.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    Has anyone tried a Tavor with the 9mm conversion?
    Mine works fine, seems to run ok, of course uses 9mm AR magazines, switching back and forth with the Tavor 5.56 components is not what I consider simple and quick (not like just changing the upper and putting in the magwell block is for an AR)

I have only fired it with hardball loads, no idea if JHP ammo presents an issue, accuracy is not something I have really tried to seriously measure yet but it zero'ed pretty quickly and gave me a solid 2" group at 20 yards with my 124gr handloads using a 2moa red dot.

I bought the conversion for a range toy, and not a serious use platform in my case. There may be issues with JHP ammo, accuracy, reliability, that I am not aware of.

What do you think of the Beretta CX4 carbine for PCC?

To have fun shooting PCC, bring whatever. To be competitive, you want a carbine that is soft shooting, red dot sighted, easy to reload fast, with a good trigger, that holds +/- 40 rounds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    What do you think of the Beretta CX4 carbine for PCC?
    I use one and it's fun. It's great for me because I run a 92 normally and the reloads are quick because it's identical to reloading a pistol unlike a long gun. But being a blow back, it's going to feel like there is more recoil.

It has taken me a bit of effort to get used to the Sig MPX. Initially, I shot it like a blow back AR9, and it cycled like a blow back AR9. Then I realized, at least out to 25 yards, I can use one sight picture and two presses to get follow-up shots under .20. This is shooting steel at 20 something yards -- when I do my part, it is five hits under 1.50 from the extended ready:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I use one and it's fun. It's great for me because I run a 92 normally and the reloads are quick because it's identical to reloading a pistol unlike a long gun. But being a blow back, it's going to feel like there is more recoil.
    Wanting a PCC and as a lefty these always appealed to me.

Looking for an excuse to by one...

Site Supporter
    I built a PSA 9mm AR a couple of years ago so I could shoot steel in the pistol bats - it is a lot of fun to shoot. I have used it at the local outlaw PCC matches before PCC was official.

One of my shooting buddies let me shoot his SIG MPX SBR and I had to have one. I bought a SIG MPX pistol and I am waiting on my SBR "stamp". I plan on using a SIG factory folding skeleton stock when I want the folding stock capability and I plan on using one of the AR buffer tube adapters for an AR stock when I want more of a "fixed" stock. I have a railway Cmore on the MPX. I would have no problem using the SIG MPX in an HD role as soon as I can officially SBR it.

Site Supporter
    Also, I have been picking up MPX Gen 1 mags on sale - I posted a link on "holiday deals" thread. MIDWAY has SIG mags on sale today too.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Mine works fine, seems to run ok, of course uses 9mm AR magazines, switching back and forth with the Tavor 5.56 components is not what I consider simple and quick (not like just changing the upper and putting in the magwell block is for an AR)

I have only fired it with hardball loads, no idea if JHP ammo presents an issue, accuracy is not something I have really tried to seriously measure yet but it zero'ed pretty quickly and gave me a solid 2" group at 20 yards with my 124gr handloads using a 2moa red dot.

I bought the conversion for a range toy, and not a serious use platform in my case. There may be issues with JHP ammo, accuracy, reliability, that I am not aware of.
    How is the seating of a magazine loaded to capacity on a closed bolt? With my ar, it can be done but with a lot of effort, and can't be done consistently. On a start that requires the gun be unloaded, I start with locking the bolt to the rear and then insert the magazine. It takes a split second to do it that way but works 100% of the time.

User Tag List