Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Sunday we had targets at less than 5 yards.

Makes sense, don't Rolan and Jeffrey Y shoot IDPA there.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me to allow PCC and CO competing against each other head to head, so I restrict it to one specialty division.
    Which limits participation. How does anyone that isn't a regular know when you are going to run their division?

I didn't shoot one local USPSA for a year because they didn't make any announcements of allowing PCC, and it was banned at the time due to host club rules. I was there the other day for a classifier in open and noticed that they allow it, they are now back on my "maybe shoot there" list. But if I didn't happen to go there last month I would've never known that it was allowed.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Which limits participation. How does anyone that isn't a regular know when you are going to run their division?

I didn't shoot one local USPSA for a year because they didn't make any announcements of allowing PCC, and it was banned at the time due to host club rules. I was there the other day for a classifier in open and noticed that they allow it, they are now back on my "maybe shoot there" list. But if I didn't happen to go there last month I would've never known that it was allowed.
    Depends on the club. At the NRA IDPA club, I use the Facebook page to let people know in advance. I also let them know if it will be lowlight/flashlight as well, or whether it's a classifier, etc. I also include it in the description on Practiscore.
    At Thurmont I use Google Groups email list that goes to about 300 people where I notify them in advance. A friend of mine also posts the info on Maryland Shooters. And, it's included in the match info for practiscore.
    I don't have any problems filling up matches, except during bad weather sometimes.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Makes sense, don't Rolan and Jeffrey Y shoot IDPA there.
    They do, but there is a story. I don't do social media, so I wasn't privy to all that went on. From what I gathered there was conflict between Jeffrey (LV IDPA president at the time) and the range (Desert Sportsman’s Rifle & Pistol Club). They went their separate ways.

Every 2nd Sunday there is an IDPA match at Desert Sportsman’s Rifle & Pistol Club by Las Vegas IDPA.

Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday night, there is an IDPA match at the Gun Garage shooting range by Frontline IDPA (Jeffrey).

I would like to know what the conflict is all about, but it is just good for me that I get to shoot more.

I don't have any problems filling up matches, except during bad weather sometimes.
    You shouldn't really be using that as a measuring stick. We are a metro area with half the population as the DC metro area, and we have weeknight action matches that fill up nearly every day of the week. With some nights having two different action disciplines running at the same time.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

You shouldn't really be using that as a measuring stick. We are a metro area with half the population as the DC metro area, and we have weeknight action matches that fill up nearly every day of the week. With some nights having two different action disciplines running at the same time.
    No one has ever said to me they didn't know which specialty division was being offered for a particular match. The more matches the better. I wish I had more venues and more time. But I don't get more than 3-4 in a match of 37 people in specialty divisions. For lowlight I get quite a few WML shooters. No one asks for lasers.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    There are two IDPA match providers in Las Vegas. One makes no distinction in SPD gun choices. You enter SPD and shoot whatever you choose against all other SPD shooters and what they choose.
    The other has you choose what you are shooting: CO, PCC, etc. So you shoot against like guns.

No one has ever said to me they didn't know which specialty division was being offered for a particular match. The more matches the better. I wish I had more venues and more time. But I don't get more than 3-4 in a match of 37 people in specialty divisions. For lowlight I get quite a few WML shooters. No one asks for lasers.
    We are getting about a dozen or more PCC shooters per a match at the club that has always allowed it, it is almost always in the top four divisions, sometimes even besting production to enter the top three.

From what I am told the response to PCC in USPSA had been the strongest of any new division added. So if PCC participation is that light at your matches, your not allowing it regularly is probably a major reason. Though the ten round limit per a mag requirement probably isn't helping. One of the things I enjoy most about PCC is not having to reload unless it mandatory or have to go prone.

We are getting about a dozen or more PCC shooters per a match at the club that has always allowed it, it is almost always in the top four divisions, sometimes even besting production to enter the top three.

From what I am told the response to PCC in USPSA had been the strongest of any new division added. So if PCC participation is that light at your matches, your not allowing it regularly is probably a major reason. Though the ten round limit per a mag requirement probably isn't helping. One of the things I enjoy most about PCC is not having to reload unless it mandatory or have to go prone.
    For whatever reason PCC has just not taken off yet around the Mid-Atlantic. Even the big USPSA matches there are 5-7 out of 90 shooters. Production is 15-20 shooters. Smaller USPSA clubs you are lucky to see 2 shooters. I have a theory: We have a lot of 3Gun and 2gun matches, and we have a lot of 3gun and 2gun shooters, and we have a lot of guys who love longer range rifle shooting (250-450 yards). And, shooters here really love handgun matches. That being said, every time I let someone shoot my MPX Carbine, they start smiling and say "I need to get me one." Maybe it's just gonna take a bit longer. I love shooting mine. I put a RA-140 drop-in trigger and a Burris Fast Fire 3 on it, and sling mounts. I tried the Gen 1 mags in the Gen 2...unreliable...no problems with the Gen 2 mags.
    Cody

User Tag List