Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Doesn't being on team HK bring blanket approval from the Feds for all HK products, regardless of configuration?
    Well. Funny you mention that... If I wanted to sell them rather than shooting them, that would be mostly true.
    TY83544

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Slight divergence from the general direction of this thread, but very much on topic. Grant Cunningham blogged.

http://www.grantcunningham.com/2017/...sts-love-hate/

The bottom line

What it comes down to is this: the PCC is an easier defensive firearm to live with for someone who’s not an avid shooter. Frankly, even for those of us who are experienced shooters, the PCC is a fun gun that can also be used as an effective self defense tool. At this stage of life I’ve lost track of how many thousands of rounds of rifle ammunition I’ve shot; it’s certainly measured in hundreds instead of tens. Even so, I like shooting the PCC more!

The hobbyist’s criticisms of the PCC as a defensive arm come down to a refusal to acknowledge that the average home defender probably isn’t, and never will be, an avid shooter. Saddling him or her with a gun that’s hard to shoot doesn’t make them safer. Our skill set is not theirs, and it’s irresponsible to give advice which ignores this reality.

That’s why I’ll continue to recommend the PCC to those whose capabilities it fits, and recommend the rifle to those whose capabilities are greater.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    The more I read this, the more I'm leaning towards replacing my rifle with a PCC of some sort. For under 200 yard fun shooting, caliber commonality with pistols I carry (and depending on platform chosen mags), with those evil pieces of paper needing such oomph and precision, it's making more and more sense.

Now I need to figure out which platform to go with.....

When Vector Arms wanted to complete the manufacture of the registered full auto receivers they had picked up at auction, they needed a source of mil-spec full auto Uzi parts. They found them in South Africa where the Uzi was manufactured under license. AFAIK, the Uzi wasn't a general issue arm for the South African army but was given out as a "house gun" for those living in the rural areas. The Uzi was considered perfect for those of smaller stature to use for home defense as it wasn't intimidatingly powerful but could hit well enough, hard enough to do the group. A short (<16" barrel) PCC with a red dot would solve a lot of problems for the non-dedicated.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    The more I read this, the more I'm leaning towards replacing my rifle with a PCC of some sort. For under 200 yard fun shooting, caliber commonality with pistols I carry (and depending on platform chosen mags), with those evil pieces of paper needing such oomph and precision, it's making more and more sense.

Now I need to figure out which platform to go with.....
    I wouldn't full on replace your rifle (assuming an AR15 here) with a PCC. As a supplement, yes. But 5.56 ARs certainly have their place.
    Shoot more, post less...

Obviously, I really enjoy shooting PCC. That said, it is a lot less expensive and a lot easier to get a reliable 5.56 AR than to put together a reliable 9mm PCCarbine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Obviously, I really enjoy shooting PCC. That said, it is a lot less expensive and a lot easier to get a reliable 5.56 AR than to put together a reliable 9mm PCCarbine.
    This is very true. My Colt pattern AR9 cost more than a 6920, and could still use some tuning. My SP5K... let's just say if you were paying retail you could own several reliable AR's in 5.56.
    TY83544

Site Supporter
    You don't have to get fancy to have a decent PCC. For example, the Beretta CX4 seems to be pretty reliable and inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it is a lot less expensive and a lot easier to get a reliable 5.56 AR than to put together a reliable 9mm PCCarbine.
    Is that true, or is it only true for you because you started with a pair of $2k Sigs?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I wouldn't full on replace your rifle (assuming an AR15 here) with a PCC. As a supplement, yes. But 5.56 ARs certainly have their place.
    It's not an ar, and there's no real room to stretch beyond 200 yards within a few hours driving distance. I'm more thinking of a used pcc fore high volume fun (since that's what my rifle is right now anyway), and just put together a 30" A3 with an optic that's astigmatism friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List