Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Would there be any difference in reliability between otherwise equivalent Colt/Uzi mag- based PCCs and Glock mag PCCs?
    Not sure, but want to point out that my Colt 6951 direct blow back does not like being run dry, unlike the MPX, which needs ample lube to function reliably.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Would there be any difference in reliability between otherwise equivalent Colt/Uzi mag- based PCCs and Glock mag PCCs?
    all else being equal, in my experience i would rate a QC10 glock lower with glock oem or glock pmags to be equally reliable as a QC10 colt lower with metalform mags.

i prefer colt even though i have both styles and a boatload of existing glock mags.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure, but want to point out that my Colt 6951 direct blow back does not like being run dry, unlike the MPX, which needs ample lube to function reliably.
    confused... mpx likes to be run wet with oil but how are you saying the colt likes to berun?

i get an acidbrush and literally paint my blowback ar9 bolts with cheap molygrease.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    confused... mpx likes to be run wet with oil but how are you saying the colt likes to berun?

i get an acidbrush and literally paint my blowback ar9 bolts with cheap molygrease.
    The MPX needs to be run wet.

When I lubed my Colt 6951 up, like I do with a 5.56 AR, it stopped running. Once I wiped the lube off, it stated running again. Not sure whether this was just mine, but thought I would point it out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

FWIW, I've always liked the "feel" of my 9mm AR. My utterly subjective impression is that it is more "slammy" than my 16" mid-length gun. It actually feels like you're dealing with more recoil in the 9mm than the 5.56. I like the training value.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Considering a MPX in the next few months. Torn between going with the 8" or the 16" carbine version. If I get the 8" I'll SBR it. Just not sure if I want to go that route. I think the longer handguard on the 16" would aid in control/transitions and handle more like my 16" ARs. But I will also run a suppressor on this probably 50% of the time so the shorter 8" length would be nice. Choices, choices...
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    I went SBR with the MPX (bought the pistol then went SBR) - I have multiple ARs in multiple calibers if I want a 16" "carbine".

Does the MPX work like the AR in that you can have different upsets on one lower?

Site Supporter
    A number of my MPX shooting associates are talking about having multiple barrels vs multiple uppers. This article talks about ease of changing MPX barrels. Issue though is how to get extra MPX barrels of multiple lengths as they do appear to be readily available and appear to be pricey.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...er-mpx-pistol/

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Does the MPX work like the AR in that you can have different upsets on one lower?
    yes and no...

mpx upper and lower are proprietary shape/size etc.
    sig AFAIK does not sell uppers, stripped or complete.
    i suppose if one bought multiple complete MPX's, they could swap uppers with lowers depending on laws (creating sbr etc)

a while back (before i sold my gen 1 mpx and purchased a couple of gen 2s), sig was going to sell gen 1 owners complete uppers in diff calibers as they would not be offering simple caliber x-change kits for gen 1 guns. never went anywhere though.

User Tag List