Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

New Nordic PCC with interchangeable mag feature:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    New Nordic PCC with interchangeable mag feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BstPsLppW48&sns=em
    Interesting.

You may have mentioned this previously, but what seems to be the prevailing wisdom on angled pistol-style mags/wells vs the straight in style subgun mags/wells? or, for that matter, the MP5/MPX-type with banana mags. Specifically as relates to reload speed or ease.
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-16-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    you changed your opinion?
    Not in the slightest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Interesting.

You may have mentioned this previously, but what seems to be the prevailing wisdom on angled pistol-style mags/wells vs the straight in style subgun mags/wells? or, for that matter, the MP5/MPX-type with banana mags. Specifically as relates to reload speed or ease.
    Not a pro, but biggest issue for me so far is the "length" of the PCC 30 round mags versus years of practice with a 30 round AR mag. I went through my mag pouches and found that with some minor screw tightening that my "old Limited class" Safariland single stack Glock 21 mag pouches worked very well for the "Colt" style 9mm mags for my PSA AR9. Trying to get my local kydex guy to make me some MPX mag holders.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Not a pro, but biggest issue for me so far is the "length" of the PCC 30 round mags versus years of practice with a 30 round AR mag. I went through my mag pouches and found that with some minor screw tightening that my "old Limited class" Safariland single stack Glock 21 mag pouches worked very well for the "Colt" style 9mm mags for my PSA AR9. Trying to get my local kydex guy to make me some MPX mag holders.
    My interest is more in the magwells on the guns relative to speed or ease of reloads. it appears that the options are angled back for a pistol mag, straight up and down for a colt-style mag, or angled front for a MPX/MP5 style mag.

For all your Nazi reenacting PCC needs. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPVUkEfAWD9/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Interesting.

Not sure it is settled science yet.

My JP GMR-13 is hard to reload fast, because it has a flat stiff mag release, the top of a Glock mag is fairly blunt, and the JP magwell is more a modified 5.56 magwell than a Glock specific magwell.

Bill Wilson has told me the Beretta 92 variant AR9 Wilson makes, is faster to reload with a magazine specific magwell and the. Ore tapered B92 MecGar mags.

The MPX has a more tapered magwell than the JP, a better mag release, and seems better. I am down to 1.4 live fire for reloads, but that is warmed up, not on demand, and .3 or .4 better than the JP.

I have another AR9 in the works that takes Glock mags, is a side charger and has a better magwell than the JP. Optimistic but no data yet.

My #2 MPX ran like a top from Friday, when I shot it for the first time, that practice session, two matches, most of my practice today, and then started malfunctioning, by not fully going into battery. Estimating 800 rounds. I think it got dry and needs lube. These carbines like to run wet.

Last edited by GJM; 01-16-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Site Supporter

Pistol Caliber Carbine

What kind of belt mounted magazine carriers are people using? I see that HSGI makes a taco that would work, but I'm thinking I want a Kydex mag carrier.
    Last edited by nalesq; 01-18-2017 at 01:07 PM.

User Tag List