Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Don't know at match. Running bill drills at 25 yards Friday, all A hits, I had splits in the .17-.22 range.

PCC seems to be growing by the week. At a two day match in Utah next month, that YVK and I are going to, as of now there are 40 PCC shooters signed up and less than 20 in Production.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What PM is recommended on the MPX beyond running a bore snake through, and lubing the bolt assembly?
    I'm honestly not sure. I haven't read the manual and we don't have many rounds through these guns (less than 5k). All the info I've been posting is what we've learned so far as a group since there are like 5 of us running an MPX (myself excluded, I have a CX4).

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'm honestly not sure. I haven't read the manual and we don't have many rounds through these guns (less than 5k). All the info I've been posting is what we've learned so far as a group since there are like 5 of us running an MPX (myself excluded, I have a CX4).
    Talking to a buddy who shoots an MPX in USPSA, it is bore snake, and disassemble/clean/lube bolt assembly for regular PM.

Things went much better Sunday at the match in Vegas. The MPX ran, making me think insufficient lube was the problem Saturday. I finished at 89.81 percent of the overall match winner. No mike's, and only one D for the match. Main opportunities better speed, a few less C's, and fewer make-up steel shots on stars and polish plate racks. Regular plate racks I was one for one on, so I need to drag out a star and do some practice.

This is typical of the stages at the match.

This was an interesting standards stage that involved shooting from kneeling and prone. Pretty good, other than one instance of trigger freeze from kneeling. Prone worked out well.

This was the classifier stage. But for a slightly fumbled reload, pretty good.

Post match, spent last night working reloads, different placement of my lead pouch, and using my index finger to help guide the mag in. Building speed.

Finally, as my buddy is using the circle dot of the Romeo 4 with great success on his MPX, I got one. Messsing with mounting it, I dropped it onto a tile floor, and that little bit of drop cracked the rear lens. Will contact Sig today, but so far durability seems suspect.

Pic of my PCC 9mm collection !!! Love the all .... But by far the my custom build AR 9 pistol is such a versatile firearm ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I built this one just before the Newtown incident. It's a DDLES dedicated 9mm lower with a RRA A2 upper.
    The barrel and fore-end are YHM.

It is amazingly accurate, runs on Colt stick mags, and digests any type of ammo. Fun factor, 110%.

It'll hold super tight groups to about 75 yards, then opens up.
    The old school quad rail is a bit dated compared to some of today's awesome fore-ends, but I don't have the heart to change a thing on it and effect the accuracy one bit.
    Think it'd be a hoot to run at a match, but the club I belong to only runs pistol.

"... And miles to go before I sleep".

I find this a bit funny. I remember just over a decade ago a pretty smart guy named Ken Hackathorn and I were laughing on a range as Ken declared in ten years someone is going to figure out that a super compact short barreled 9mm carbines fired from the shoulder are really easy to shoot fast and accurately and great for things like indoor distance shooting........

Who knows, maybe I can knock the rust off the old MP-5 skills. So much of this is funny. I don't want an MP-5 for a rifle problem, but we did the Lord's work in typical indoor room encounters. For across a residential bedroom, we found they worked wonderfully.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I find this a bit funny. I remember just over a decade ago a pretty smart guy named Ken Hackathorn and I were laughing on a range as Ken declared in ten years someone is going to figure out that a super compact short barreled 9mm carbines fired from the shoulder are really easy to shoot fast and accurately and great for things like indoor distance shooting........

Who knows, maybe I can knock the rust off the old MP-5 skills. So much of this is funny. I don't want an MP-5 for a rifle problem, but we did the Lord's work in typical indoor room encounters. For across a residential bedroom, we found they worked wonderfully.

Yeah....thinking back to my experience with the 9mm 1st gen Sub2000, it had it's flaws, but the concept has a lot of potential. If the gas-fed Sig proves itself long term, I think a SBR version would be really, really hard to beat.

I m not a bit disappointed that I didn't buy some cheap AUG 9mm conversion kits when I could have gotten them cheap.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

It is kind of like why you don't sell your skinny or fat ties, wait a while and they will come back into style.

User Tag List