Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is that true, or is it only true for you because you started with a pair of $2k Sigs?
    What makes you think I started with a pair of Sigs?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I ordered my MPX last night, damn you all!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What makes you think I started with a pair of Sigs?
    Your shooting at least two now, right?

My point is that I never had issues getting the two 9mm ARs I've owned to run so it would seem that starting with even a single MPX puts you at a price disadvantage right out of the gate.

I went Colt, JP GMR-13, MPX and then a custom side charger AR9, which I am currently shooting. I also see a bunch of other PCC guns at matches. The budget (under $1,000) Glock magazine based AR9 carbines seem to have significant reliability issues, and requires tinkering with parts and pieces by a handy person. The MPX carbines, owned by me and my competitor friends, also have significant reliability issues, with more than 50 percent requiring a trip back to Sig to get running. The JP guns seem to run, although one of mine needed to go back for a broken trigger. My side charger runs, other than the screw that secures the slide stop (is that the AR name for their part) keeps falling out. Seems like anything 9mm that runs and is competitive is $2,000, where $1,000 seems to buy a quality 5.56 AR?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Your shooting at least two now, right?

My point is that I never had issues getting the two 9mm ARs I've owned to run so it would seem that starting with even a single MPX puts you at a price disadvantage right out of the gate.
    I too have had no issues with my Colt 9mm carbines (either the 6450 or 6951), as long as I stuck with the right Colt/Metalform magazines. They were admittedly slightly more expensive than comparable 5.56mm carbines, though no where near as expensive as the Sigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    I went Colt, JP GMR-13, MPX and then a custom side charger AR9, which I am currently shooting. I also see a bunch of other PCC guns at matches. The budget (under $1,000) Glock magazine based AR9 carbines seem to have significant reliability issues, and requires tinkering with parts and pieces by a handy person. The MPX carbines, owned by me and my competitor friends, also have significant reliability issues, with more than 50 percent requiring a trip back to Sig to get running. The JP guns seem to run, although one of mine needed to go back for a broken trigger. My side charger runs, other than the screw that secures the slide stop (is that the AR name for their part) keeps falling out. Seems like anything 9mm that runs and is competitive is $2,000, where $1,000 seems to buy a quality 5.56 AR?
    Are you seeing the CZ scorpion running along in matches? Any fuss related to it, outside safety rubbing/hand + heavier trigger poundage that you've seen?
    Last edited by jeep45238; 03-28-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    Seems like anything 9mm that runs and is competitive is $2,000, where $1,000 seems to buy a quality 5.56 AR?
    Nonsense!

$799 for a 9mm Beretta CX4, using inexpensive and plentiful 92 series pistol mags:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bere...mm-carbine-new

$999 for a Colt 6951 in 9mm:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/123701

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Are you seeing the CZ scorpion running along in matches? Any fuss related to it, outside safety rubbing/hand + heavier trigger poundage that you've seen?
    CZ seemed to run stock, but once my buddy went to extended mags and trigger work, it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Nonsense!

$799 for a 9mm Beretta CX4, using inexpensive and plentiful 92 series pistol mags:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bere...mm-carbine-new

$999 for a Colt 6951 in 9mm:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/123701

Neither of those are competitive.

CZ seemed to run stock, but once my buddy went to extended mags and trigger work, it failed.

Neither of those are competitive.
    What makes the Colt not competitive? Reliability or mag availability?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What makes the Colt not competitive? Reliability or mag availability?
    Needs a trigger, different buffer system and a rail -- which puts in JP or custom AR9 price territory.

User Tag List