Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Sounds like you have it all figured out then.
    If I had it all figured out I wouldn't be asking questions. I'm not trying to tell you or anyone else what's what -- just participating in a meaningful discussion. I'm honestly interested in discussing the negatives of a pistol caliber carbine vs. a pistol for home defense. I currently have an AR that shoots a rifle cartridge so it's not like I'm a PCC advocate.

I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.
    Are these a little better?
    http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/RONIRG2-9.htm
    http://www.fab-defense.com/en/catego...m-models-.html

I can only speak for myself.

PCC as a ninja tool is pointless.

PCC as a fun gun is a lot of fun.
    So youre saying a PCC is not functional or effective as a defensive piece? Perhaps the "ninja tool" was humor, most of us aren't ninjas and are working on figuring out things that work in out individual circumstances. For myself, a PCC (liver action in my case) as a house or close up defensive arm makes sense, with dramatically reduced muzzle blast from a rifle cartridge and easier to shoot quickly and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    So youre saying a PCC is not functional or effective as a defensive piece? Perhaps the "ninja tool" was humor, most of us aren't ninjas and are working on figuring out things that work in out individual circumstances. For myself, a PCC (liver action in my case) as a house or close up defensive arm makes sense, with dramatically reduced muzzle blast from a rifle cartridge and easier to shoot quickly and well.
    See, you have it all sorted as well.

Some of my PCC hardware, first the Sig MPX, then the JP GMR-13.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Of course you can't shoot it in PCC matches, but a 300 AAC Blackout using subsonic ammo is great for shooting AR500 targets at pistols distances. The subsonic ammo will not damage the targets in the least. You can also load subsonic 300 BO cheaper, with coated cast bullets, than you can buy 9mm plinking ammo. Just sayin.

See, you have it all sorted as well.
    Your agreement and endorsement of Robinsons and my comments seems at odds with your previous comment. When asked to elaborate on your earlier comment, you changed your opinion?

Site Supporter
    I bought an MPX-P a few weeks ago for my 60th birthday. Sig had Individual Officer Pricing, which may or may not be available for future MPX's. The MPX is what I call my "old man gun". Wanted a PDW that was light recoiling and worked well with a red dot. The older you get the less recoil and more vision assist the better. I considered other manufacturers because I was reluctant to go with the MPX. While researching I was continually told get the MPX over Brands X, Y, and Z. Let me start this next statement with YMMV, but the MPX is the most fun I have had with a gun in a long time. I have much time shooting department UZI's and MP5's. This is a softer shooter. Magazines are about $50 each. Certainly not Glock price, but Lancer mags are solid. I'm open to ideas, need help justifying buying 10 round extensions because they cost almost as much as a new magazine. I have a bunch of 30 rounders and a few 10 rounders. 1500 rounds fired, zero malfunctions. My big complaint is the trigger. Geissele is working on one. They say their current triggers will probably fail within 2,000 rounds. Please let me know if there are proven options. Guess the only other complaint is how easy it is to shoot. A day at the range can get expensive real quick. Here are a few pics. Replaced the folding brace with SB Tactical's retractable brace and grip with Ergo grip.
    Name:  IMG_0741.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  99.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0742.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  77.4 KB

The family has 2 PCCs; a hi-point 9mm, and a Marlin 1894S 44mag.
    I've shot them both out to 250 yards on torso targets; they both can hit the target.

If I had time to get to either one in a situation, I'd grab the AK, or the pistol next to them.

I got that much sorted out.

Cool guns and gear guys, I'm jonesing for a 9mm AR now.

User Tag List