Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Seems like the only people not positive about PCC, are the ones not shooting it. I see an incredible amount of enthusiasm for PCC from other USPSA shooters.

I grabbed a 6920 yesterday, and did some shooting at 50-200 yards. Even though these are not PCC distances, it is amazing what a season of USPSA PCC does to spiff up your long gun shooting.
    And this is what really has me interested in PCC. My last couple qualifications with the M4 have not been very good. Mainly because I rarely practice with a rifle and mainly because it just isn't as easy to practice with compared to a pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Shot CO and PCC in a local IDPA match today. In our squad of 12, 3 people showed an interest that I feel would lead to them getting PCC guns. Lots of questions and the questions showed they had already looked into it. More like what was I running and how do I like it.

Besides, how often do you get to run close quarters with your rifle. With PCC you can!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Besides, how often do you get to run close quarters with your rifle. With PCC you can!
    This. It also doesn't make me go broke doing it compared to centerfire rifle. And the Scorpion's chamber just swallows up everything - meaning any minor case gauge failures are now carbine fodder, not pull and re-do

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is the scorpion issue just one of thensponsored shooter having access to ferry-picked samples and support, or is there something inherent in the design of the gun that makes it a non-starter?

I'll be honest, it's a little disappointing to see that PCC seems to be going the way of $-gun wherein it's all about the equipment race and who's fancy-branded stick-ons people can add to feel "competitive".
    Most reports are that the magazines just aren't durable enough.

If you think PCC is expensive you've never shot open. For abuse I put my PCC mags through are things I would never do to my open mags as replacement is $20-30 vs 130-160.

Right now PCC is in flux, you have lots of people trying new things to see what is the most competitive. In a couples years things will shake out, and things will basically become standardized with only a few personal variations in guns just like in open.

An example right now is that I and other shooters am experimenting with a green laser for ports. Though I don't think they will last as their utility is so limited due to the power limitations imposed by the FDA.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Green lasers are very common in the SW, and I have been using one for several months. Seems like all my fellow competitors now have them. Besides ports/awkward shots, they can help with offset, and they can help speed up shot one with the carbine butt on belt/muzzle down range start that has become increasingly common.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Butt stock on belt seems like the official USPSA start position. That was the start position for every stage the Nationals unless it was muzzle on mark, or the carbine was placed on something.

Maybe is the tire berm that I shoot into, but I can't see the laser except at extremely close ranges. Even on white steel.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 05-14-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Butt stock on belt seems like the official USPSA start position. That was the start position for every stage the Nationals unless it was muzzle on mark, or the carbine was placed on something.

Maybe is the tire berm that I shoot into, but I can't see the laser except at extremely close ranges. Even on white steel.
    @GJM probably uses the $2200 Steiner lol
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    @GJM probably uses the $2200 Steiner lol

Crimson Trace CMR-206, which you can get for $100 something on GunBroker.

Same laser I am using. I think I paid like $130 and I am supposed to get a $50 rebate from CTC.

I kind of want one of those illegal overpowered lasers, you know something that will burn cardboard at short ranges if you linger on them. And instead of the usual eye safety warning it comes with this warning sticker:

I zero my red dot optic at 25 and my green laser at 10. The green dot on a no-shoot is a reminder of offset on some close targets!

User Tag List