Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Site Supporter
    What's the top one in the photo? Looks interesting/confused/fun? It's the only one I don't recognize, but I haven't been following the rifle developments for a while.
    Last edited by jeep45238; 02-26-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    What's the top one in the photo? Looks interesting/confused/fun?
    CZ Scorpion.

Is the CZ Scorpion Evo Carbine ... Is a sweet shooter !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Beautiful weather in NW GA this weekend. Another 200 rounds through my MPX SBR - now at about 800 rounds with no issues. All the 9mm consumed has been "cheap" - about 600 rounds of Freedom Munitions American Steel 115 FMJ and about 200 of Brown Bear steel case 115FMJ. The steel case burns really dirty so first cleaning of the MPX. Still like the SIG OEM folding stock and the C More RDS.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

GJM,

I've been curious if this means you are proceeding with the blowback AR9 direction over the Sig MP? Presumably for increased reliability?
    Last edited by STI; 02-28-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    GJM,

I've been curious if this means you are proceeding with the blowback AR9 direction over the Sig MP? Presumably for increased reliability?
    Still trying to sort this out. Have recently got in 135 grain red bullets from Acme, and need to finish load development, then side by side testing with the MPX.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    What's the top one in the photo? Looks interesting/confused/fun? It's the only one I don't recognize, but I haven't been following the rifle developments for a while.
    CZ Scorpion EVO
    http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-carbine/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure if I reported it, but the cause of my rear pin walking out, leading to spontaneous disassembly, was a bent spring, that I had damaged when putting loctite on the screw on my grip, which had walked loose a few weeks before.

When I went to my back-up MPX at the match last weekend, I had one or two light hits with Speer 147 Lawman factory ammo. Today, at a match, the light hits became frequent. Later I disassembled the MPX, and found what I believe is the problem. The firing pin spring was broken in half. I pilfered a spring out of my MPX pistol, and will call Sig for spares tomorrow. Seems like a lot of small part issues with the MPX. Here is the broken spring.

Today, my number two PCC Sig MPX started having ignition problems. Got home, took it apart, and sure enough the firing pin spring was broken on this one as well. I called Sig, and they had zero springs in stock. Even better, the springs they sent to me a week ago went to a Colorado address and not where I am. Sig has a big problem, unless I am the outlier. Looks like I am shooting Carry Optics at this weekend's area match, not PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Today, my number two PCC Sig MPX started having ignition problems. Got home, took it apart, and sure enough the firing pin spring was broken on this one as well. I called Sig, and they had zero springs in stock. Even better, the springs they sent to me a week ago went to a Colorado address and not where I am. Sig has a big problem, unless I am the outlier. Looks like I am shooting Carry Optics at this weekend's area match, not PCC.
    Rough round count? Mine (Gen 1) became a single-shot around 1800 when the piston decided to fall out the front of the handguard. Not sure if the updated Gen 2 design has addressed this.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Rough round count? Mine (Gen 1) became a single-shot around 1800 when the piston decided to fall out the front of the handguard. Not sure if the updated Gen 2 design has addressed this.
    Best guess is 2,000-3,000 each, almost exclusively Speer Lawman 147.

I am pretty disgusted.

User Tag List