Thread: Any experience with Refurbished scopes....good / bad?

Any experience with Refurbished scopes....good / bad?

Greetings,

Midway USA currently has some good deals on VXR, VX-6 and Mark 6 refurbished scopes right now.

Any downsides to a refurbished scope? Any experience with a refurb? Would you trust a refurb?

Thanks

Site Supporter
    I have bought two Vortex Viper PST refurbs from Cabelas - half price of new - no issues noted.

I'd trust a Leupold refurb since their warranty is good. Some of those deals aren't that great though. You can get a deltapoint new for $10 more (and maybe shipping) than what they have. Some are probably better deals than others. I think I'd make sure no one would match their price on new one first.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have bought two Vortex Viper PST refurbs from Cabelas - half price of new - no issues noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I'd trust a Leupold refurb since their warranty is good. Some of those deals aren't that great though. You can get a deltapoint new for $10 more (and maybe shipping) than what they have. Some are probably better deals than others. I think I'd make sure no one would match their price on new one first.
    Thanks!

Site Supporter
    I bought a refurbished Leupold from Midway a couple of months ago. Have not yet had the chance to shoot the rifle I mounted it on, but was as impressed as I could be with a scope without having actually shot with it. Light gathering ability was incredible in low light.

User Tag List