Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 10 6.5 Creedmoor

Site Supporter

M&P 10 6.5 Creedmoor

M&P 10 6.5 Creedmoor SKU: 10057 MSRP $2,035.00*

New from the performance Center. Looks interesting. I'm curious if it is a proprietary barrel.

Features
    • Threaded Muzzle with Thread Protector
    • Two-Stage Match Trigger
    • 15” Free-Float Troy® Alpha® M-LOK® Handguard
    • 2” Aluminum M-LOK® Accessory Rail Panel
    • Magpul® MOE® Rifle Stock
    • 5R Rifling
    • 1 in 8” RH Twist

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...0-65-creedmoor

My problem with the AR-10 pattern rifles is that they feel much bigger than a bolt gun. Bigger and heavier.

Looks like it's becoming an M-LOK world...
    #RESIST

Vending Machine Operator
    I have known for a long time that I wanted a semi-auto .308 launcher, with eyes toward an AR-10 platform or a Sig 716 platform as the most likely candidates.

Can someone who knows rifles better than I do (read: all of you) explain why the 6.5 Creedmoor is a good option? Is it a silencer thing? I always thought the benefit of the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC rounds (the "6" AR rounds I am familiar with to this point) was fitting a heavier bullet into an AR-15 sized platform.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I have just about given up on my desire for an AR-10. I don't need a super accurate AR-10. I just want a M4 with more horsepower. The bushmaster fits the bill but it's a bushmaster. I felt dirty just typing that. I wish BCM would make a 7.62. I just want a light weight 14.5 or 16 inch to throw a aimpoint micro and call it good. I know a 300 blackout does that but I don't want to add another caliber and someday I want an accurate 7.62. It's just far down the list

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I have known for a long time that I wanted a semi-auto .308 launcher, with eyes toward an AR-10 platform or a Sig 716 platform as the most likely candidates.

Can someone who knows rifles better than I do (read: all of you) explain why the 6.5 Creedmoor is a good option? Is it a silencer thing? I always thought the benefit of the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC rounds (the "6" AR rounds I am familiar with to this point) was fitting a heavier bullet into an AR-15 sized platform.
    Drifts less and drops less than the .308, less recoil.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have just about given up on my desire for an AR-10. I don't need a super accurate AR-10. I just want a M4 with more horsepower. The bushmaster fits the bill but it's a bushmaster. I felt dirty just typing that. I wish BCM would make a 7.62. I just want a light weight 14.5 or 16 inch to throw a aimpoint micro and call it good. I know a 300 blackout does that but I don't want to add another caliber and someday I want an accurate 7.62. It's just far down the list
    The 6.5 Grendel fits your list of wants. Near .308 performance, fits onto a AR-15 pattern lower. Also, it's extremely accurate.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The 6.5 Grendel fits your list of wants. Near .308 performance, fits onto a AR-15 pattern lower. Also, it's extremely accurate.

Any decent magazines available for the Grendel? One of the reasons I keep looking at .300blackout is the mag compatibility.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Any decent magazines available for the Grendel? One of the reasons I keep looking at .300blackout is the mag compatibility.
    Yup, I know that the Alexander Arms ones are good to go. SLG would know the answer on others, he's the one whom enlightened me on the 6.5G. He uses his quite a bit.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Thanks. I will do some more research. I wanted to avoid another caliber. I remember a few wildcats based on 6.5/223. I'm a fan of the 6.5x55. For hunting

I'd just as well buy an OBR.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

User Tag List