Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie quotes and scenes

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Favorite movie quotes and scenes

So as to not further derail the Colt Cobra thread, I figured I'd make a playground here for us to share movie quotes.

First up for me is "Last Man Standing", a Bruce Willis shoot-em-up in a Depression era setting. Bruce Willis, as "John Smith", is a gangster who's trying to get to Mexico until "things in Chicago" cool off, and he gets involved in a little gang war in a small town on his way. Capt. Pickett explains to him the new order of things to come:

Capt. Tom Pickett: Things in this town are out of control. Two gangs is just one too many. I'm not an idealist. I know a lot of things that people do are awful low, but that's between them and God. Do you believe in God? I believe in God, son. But what I'm concerned with is keeping a lid on things, and what we got here in Jericho is just way out of hand, and Sheriff Galt, here, can't do much about it, right? Matter of fact, it might be fair to say that he's part of the problem, right? Now you been going back and forth, playing both sides according to Mr. Galt, here, making yourself a lot of money out of all this. Well, it's over, son. I'm coming back here in ten days, and I'm gonna bring about twenty rangers with me. I will tolerate *one* gang, because that is the nature of things. A certain amount of corruption is inevitable. But if I find *two* gangs here when I get back, then in a couple of hours there will be *no* gangs here. So it's simple. One gang quits and goes home. You boys work it out. I don't give a damn which one.

John Smith is injured and unarmed, a fellow who's not been much of a helper up to that point brings him supplies and his 1911's:

John Smith: The funny thing about people, one time out of a hundred they turn out better than you expect.

If you haven't seen this, it's worth a watch. Here's the original trailer:

Good flick. A bit of trivia, Last Man Standing is essentially a remake of A Fistful of Dollars starring Clint Eastwood which was also a remake of Kurosawa's Yojimbo. Both classic films.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Quotes from various movies:

Tuco's Law. "Senor when it is time to shoot shoot don't talk."

"Are we going to talk, or are we going to shoot some people"

"Are you going to pull them pistols or whistle Dixie."

"Doing right don't have no end."

"Sir I am going to go outside and kill them all sir."

"...This you can trust..."

One of my favorites I used to use when someone would ask "how the hell did you find witness so and so?"

The information's out there, it just flies through the air...All you have to know is how to grab it... See, I know how to grab it

The usual retort from the team chief was, "Well, even a blind pig finds the truffle sometimes."

I also went through a stage of yelling, "DON'T WASTE MY MOTHERFUCKING TIME!" followed by a big happy smile, which non-Michael Mann fans found disconcerting.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 01-03-2017 at 02:48 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Yeah, I'm a dork, but "The Princess Bride" ticks the "quotable" box for me.

Pretty much the whole movie is great that way, but the older I get, the more I love it when Peter Falk says "When I was your age, television was called books," and of course everybody loves all of Mandy Patinkin's lines. If you can't laugh at the rhyming exchange between him and Andre the Giant, your sense of humor is broken.

"Hell Jack... the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester." - Sheriff Hank Pearson (Rip Torn) in Extreme Prejudice.

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Tombstone has so many quotable lines.

"Go ahead and skin that smokewagon and see what happens."

"Your friends might take me in a rush, but not before I turn your head into a canoe."

"Well... bye."

"I'm your huckleberry..."

From "The Town" -
    Doug MacRay: No matter how much you change, you still have to pay the price for the things you've done. So, I got a long road. But I know I'll see you again - this side or the other.

From "The Bourne Identity" -
    Jason Bourne: I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab or the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?

From "Ronin" -
    Spence: You ever kill anybody?
    Sam: I hurt somebody's feelings once.

Vincent: No questions. No answers. That's the business we're in. You just accept it and move on. Maybe that's lesson number three.

Slainte!

Site Supporter
    From young guns- I'll make you famous

Too many to list from the justified tv show.

Not from a movie; but I'll never forget Mike Tyson yelling "l'lll fuck you until you love me!!" At one of his preflight press conferences.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 01-03-2017 at 10:16 AM.

The Professionals:

Mr Grant:"You bastard!"
    Rico:"Yes, sir. In my case, an accident of birth. But you sir, you're a self made man.

Last edited by Wondering Beard; 01-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.

User Tag List