Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious things seen at local gun shop or shooting range

Curious things seen at local gun shop or shooting range

Seems like for the New Year, we ought to keep track of the doozies observed out and about.

Here is my contribution from today. Swung by the LGS, and was there approximately three minutes confirming that had nothing of interest (meaning the new CZ striker). "Knowledgeable" man friend had brought in senior citizen aged female, to evaluate if she was "strong enough" to work the trigger on a J frame. Smart man and smart gun shop worker developed "the test." That test was to see if the woman was strong enough to cock the hammer on the J frame (looked model 36 ish). She was, so they proclaimed it a success, and advised she was strong enough for the J frame. She tested one more J frame, a Body Guard looking model, and announced that hammer was too hard for her to cock. Oh man.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sounds legit.

Edit to add: A few years ago I went into a well known gun store in a major metropolitan area close to me. I was looking for 25 round 10/22 mags and asked the mouth breather at the counter.

Me: Hey, would you have any 25 round 10/22 mags?

Cletus McCleeterson: No way man! The Taliban are using those against our boys overseas. Government is gonna ban them!

I just looked at him in that squinty eyed way that you do when someone says something so colossally stupid that you have no words. I finally mustered enough energy to shake my head and walk out of the store.

I usually buy online these days.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 01-02-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Indoor range. Checking the sight in on my favorite little 9mm AR, because I had the red dot off it a few weeks ago. I've fired five, clearly, not 5.56mm rounds when the guy next me and the RSO grab me in the middle of shooting and yell for me to stop.

Confused, I safey the weapon and keep it pointed downrange.

"This is a pistol caliber range, sir!"

I turn, looking funnily at both men, "Yes gents, I know that. This is a pistol caliber AR. Your man at the counter cleared and checked it before I walked out here."

Both men looking confused, "Uhh...sorry."

To be honest, while I was a tad annoyed, I thanked both men for being conscious of range safety. I prefer safe to sorry any day of the week.

This was a couple days ago when I was sighting in my RDS with S3F barrel. I had my target set at 25 yards away and some sheepderps on the lane next to me were attempting to do "rapid fire".

Long story short they were barely getting their shots on paper at 3 yards, hitting the ground and ceiling, and they fucking smacked my target. I was happy that the RSO talked to them and ruined their conversation on "combat accuracy" and during their backpatting on a hit on paper is a hit to kill.

They left afterwards.

8 years of it. I've tried to wash most of it from my brain with alcohol. I'll try to dredge some up if you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is also a fun story the day I was buying ammo from my LGS.

It was near closing time and this couple came in. Here is how dialogue goes.

Cletus McCleterson: I know I bought this gun a week ago but I need to sell it. My pitbul got out of it's barricade and killed someone's dog and I know there will be fines.

Gunstore worker: Uhhh let me talk to the manager

Mrs McCleterson: I'm sorry I didn't check the gate

Cletus McCleterson: I need at least $xxx but I see you got a lot of silencer ready guns and I'd like to get one after this bullshit is sorted out

Gunstore worker: Sorry but I can only give you $yyy, your best bet is private sale

Cletus McCleterson: I know and the cable guy said he'd give me $xxx for it and if he doesn't call back by 6pm then he won't buy it and it's 6:30. But I guess I'll have to take $yyy

Gunstore worker: Yeah, I can't give more but I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune

Cletus McCleterson: It's not right! My pitbull has been no trouble and the damn dog he killed was a Chihuahua

Mrs McCleterson: And we ALL know that it was the damn rat dog that instigated the fight! I'm glad it got killed!

Cletus McCleterson *points to me and GunstoreWorker2*: Do you want to buy this for $xxx?

Me and GunstoreWorker2: No Thank You...

*McCletersons take their loss and sell back to the store*

GunstoreWorker2: (To Me) Bruh is this real life?

Me: Yes it is.

Site Supporter
    That sounded like an action figure therapy episode

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    That sounded like an action figure therapy episode
    Cletus without a pitbull.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Sounds legit.

Edit to add: A few years ago I went into a well known gun store in a major metropolitan area close to me. I was looking for 25 round 10/22 mags and asked the mouth breather at the counter.

Me: Hey, would you have any 25 round 10/22 mags?

Cletus McCleeterson: No way man! The Taliban are using those against our boys overseas. Government is gonna ban them!

I just looked at him in that squinty eyed way that you do when someone says something so colossally stupid that you have no words. I finally mustered enough energy to shake my head and walk out of the store.

I usually buy online these days.
    The Taliban & Haqqani Network were wont to use Ruger 10/22's and 25 round mags over there, in lieu of AK's, PKM's & IED's.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I've fired five, clearly, not 5.56mm rounds when the guy next me and the RSO grab me in the middle of shooting and yell for me to stop.
    Personally, I'd be very reluctant to grab any non-felonius stranger as he's in the act of shooting. But that's just me.

User Tag List