Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Criminal Tricks

Heard this on the radio on the way to work this morning:

Police: Suspected burglar left keys, cellphone at the scene

Short version, some fine citizen broke into an animal shelter and police surmised from the trail of blood that he was looking for drugs, came up empty and lost his keys and cell.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    More from Print:
    Stolen Vehicle: Bruston Ave. and Kelly St., Homewood South, Jan. 2. Victim reports that he had a flat tire and pulled over at the above intersection. He noticed his friend, known only to him as "S" and asked "S" for help. "S" told the victim he would change the tire for him. While the victim waited in a nearby store, "S" fixed the flat tire, then stole the car. The vehicle is 2010 gray Chevrolet Impala.
    The next day, the cops found a dead guy in the middle of a street in Homewood South. He had been shot multiple times. Care to wager whether or not his name or nickname began with a "s"?
    Hopefully, he wasn't this guy.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 01-26-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Woman drops keys while fighting phone thief; bystanders steal car. From AJC.com:

While a woman fought off a cellphone thief at a gas station near the Georgia Dome, three men stole her car.

Surveillance video obtained by Channel 2 Action News from a Northside Drive gas station shows Emma Ebosi wrestling with another woman over a cellphone Sunday.

“I was walking to my car; she just attacked me from behind and we kind of fought over my phone,” Ebosi told Channel 2.

When Ebosi dropped her car keys during the struggle, a group of men grabbed her keys.

Officers believe the car theft was a crime of opportunity and not connected to the cellphone theft.
    There's video at the link. This meets my daily quota for reduction of faith in mankind.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Apparently, a trick stupid criminals don't have is the ability to drive stick. From Jalopnik:

Damari Wayne reportedly got away with his first two carjackings. His third would’ve gone the same way, if it hadn’t been for the car’s meddling three pedals and stick shift.

Cleveland.com reports Wayne, 18, is suspected of having tried to steal three cars in the span of ten days between Feb. 11 and Feb. 21. The key word, there, is “tried.” The third theft didn’t work out so hot when he and his buddy couldn’t figure out how to drive a manual transmission, despite forcing the car’s owner to coach them at gunpoint.

Only an hour after the second robbery he’s accused of (itself only 10 days after the first robby he’s accused of), Wayne and his 17-year-old accomplice allegedly went after another vehicle. It was a Ford Mustang, according to ABC News 5, and the duo allegedly told the driver they’d kill him if he didn’t get out.

When Wayne’s 17-year-old friend couldn’t figure out how to drive a stick, he apparently pulled out an airsoft gun and tried forcing the owner to coach him through it. Cleveland.com described the incident, saying:

The 17-year-old got in the driver’s seat, but couldn’t drive a stick shift. The teen pointed the gun at the [Mustang owner] while the man tried to explain how use the gears, according to court records.

Eventually, the two teens gave up, and ran to a nearby train station and onto a train after relieving the Mustang owner of his phone. Police traced that phone, asked the Rapid Transit Authority to lock the train doors and arrested the two suspects. They find the pair’s toy gun, the Mustang owner’s phone and keys to both vehicles stolen earlier that day.

There’s no word on what happened to the 17-year-old, but Cleveland.com says Wayne is being charged with three counts of aggravated robbery, and now sits in city jail on $100,000 bond.
    Double stupid, because the one thing they managed to steal is what got them caught.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Apparently, a trick stupid criminals don't have is the ability to drive stick.
    When my sister lived in Chelsea, MA, after her Toyota was stolen twice, she got a car with a stick-shift. It never was stolen.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

By the way, do people still referred to seedy bars as a "bucket o' blood"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Print:

Feb. 22, 7:52 PM, 200 block of S. St.Clair in the East Liberty section of Pittsburgh: A 29 year-old male was arrested and charged with: Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession with Intent to Deliver Controlled Substance, Possession of a Small Amount of Marijuana, Resisting Arrest, Escape, Possession of Firearms by a Prohibited Person (ex-con), Possession of Firearms Without a Permit, and Driving under Suspension/Revocation.

Sounds as though that guy's got his dance-card filled up for awhile.

On another note: The lead photo of the current edition is priceless:

Name:  library kid-2.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  63.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    By the way, do people still referred to seedy bars as a "bucket o' blood"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name:  Bucket-of-Blood-St.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  39.9 KB

Only place I've ever heard the term...Holbrook, Arizona. But, it's seedy, so maybe you're on to something...

There was a bar that everyone called that in a town down the road from me.
    No longer in business and I think the building was torn down.
    Have heard it used on other drinking establishments from time to time as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I once worked a hit and run where the driver's side door was literally left at the scene. You know, the door with the VIN number on it. And a burglary where the idiot put on new clothes before leaving the store. He should have taken his drivers license out of his old jeans before leaving them on the floor.....
    There was an incident when I was working on the Utilities contract where 2 girls were out 4 wheeling in daddy's brand new jeep. Anyway they went over a jump, took out the perimeter fence of a substation and landed inside the substation. They were extremely lucky that they weren't killed. So they back out of the substation and left the front licence plate behind.

Supposedly daddy and the police were waiting in the driveway with the plate when they got home

User Tag List