Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Criminal Tricks

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Guy shoplifts and posts the stuff he boosted on Snapchat:

https://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...bc9407b26.html
    A lot of young women and the occasional men used to openly post their spoils on tumblr. There were at least a few dozen accounts devoted solely to shoplifting. Think there were even a couple of clickbait articles talking about it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    There should be a dedicated circle in Hell for those who steal from charities.

https://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...5fe44b4a8.html

I volunteered for that shelter for several years. I was on the board for awhile.

If I had my druthers, I'd send the prosecutor three heavy nails and a mallet.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 01-17-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Not in the news yet, I got this right from the local PD.

Some kids thought it'd be a good idea to break into a trailer and steal 4-wheelers from a local tree service company. They very accommodatingly left tracks in the fresh snow all the way back to their house.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Some scammer in Jamaica tried the "you've won the lottery scam" on a 90-year old man in D.C. The man was a former federal judge. What the scammer didn't realize was that his target, William Webster, was also a former director of both the FBI and the CIA.

It didn't turn out well for the scammer.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Potosi isn’t terribly far from here. I doubt too many people there have read the Bible, or much of any literature for that matter.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Too bad, in a way. Heywood J. Blome wanted him for a cellmate.

Why he hasn't gone to court to change his name is a mystery.
    His parents committed the real crime.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Some scammer in Jamaica tried the "you've won the lottery scam" on a 90-year old man in D.C. The man was a former federal judge. What the scammer didn't realize was that his target, William Webster, was also a former director of both the FBI and the CIA.

It didn't turn out well for the scammer.
    That reminded of this story, told to me by a local police chief friend who was working on a college campus. Women in the neighborhood were getting obscene and terrible phone calls threatening their kids. One woman was FBI or some kind of Fed (I forget). So they set up a trace. It comes from a trunk line in a college (old days with multiple phones on one line), so they don't from exactly where. They set up inside the school's system. When the next phone call goes out to the agent, they trace it to the President's office. Charge! They expect to find some staff member at the desk. It's the president. He's arrested, fired. He claims that he was molested as a child and that made him nuts. His parents were dead so no way to check on that. I might have mentioned this story before.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That reminded of this story, told to me by a local police chief friend who was working on a college campus. Women in the neighborhood were getting obscene and terrible phone calls threatening their kids. One woman was FBI or some kind of Fed (I forget). So they set up a trace. It comes from a trunk line in a college (old days with multiple phones on one line), so they don't from exactly where. They set up inside the school's system. When the next phone call goes out to the agent, they trace it to the President's office. Charge! They expect to find some staff member at the desk. It's the president. He's arrested, fired. He claims that he was molested as a child and that made him nuts. His parents were dead so no way to check on that. I might have mentioned this story before.
    I think that was Richard Berendzen of American University. He plead guilty to 2 misdemeanors with no jail time. The lady he called was a rape victim and those calls turned her life upside down. She sued both the university (for being not forthcoming to the police) and Berendzen. They settled out of court. He was tenured and raised a TON of money for the university endowment as president. They kept him as a professor of astronomy for another 13 years before he retired in 2006.

User Tag List