Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This needs to stop

I agree this is nonsense, but also have concern that what is seen here as 'doing the right thing' for uniformed LEO's is IMHO implicitly endorsing doing the wrong thing for our legally armed citizens.

This steps on the rights of citizens, LEO or not, who are exercising their natural and constitutionally guaranteed rights to bear arms by siding with property owners. The IMHO overly broad application to uniformed LEO is correct in a way - apply it to everyone or to no one. Who says the armed uniformed LEO is indeed legitimate LEO and not a Tango? Who says LEO are any more/less stable at emotionally charged sporting events than anyone else? There are extreme cases for less than stable LEO and non-LEO and it is the extreme cases that are of concern. Also, any time we have 'special considerations' for LEO who are not on duty/in jurisdiction vs citizens it Is discomforting and ripe for abuse.

I don't believe such venues are able to provide effective security, regardless of their policies. I'm not willing to disarm in such environments. Therefore, I simply avoid all such venues and situations whenever possible. It helps that I could care less about ball sports but the broader principle applies.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Who says the armed uniformed LEO is indeed legitimate LEO and not a Tango? Who says LEO are any more/less stable at emotionally charged sporting events than anyone else?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    What?
    You've never heard of a popo impersonator (granted usually rapists and fools) or met a less than stable LEO?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I'll just go on a bit and say that not allowing an on-duty (and very high profile) elected sheriff into your arena wth his duty weapon is beyond retarded. The sheriff is a better man than I, because I would have said "good luck the next time you need law enforcement, because I'm not sending them in here with just flashlights and pencils. In for a penny, in for a pound, fuckers..."

Probably why I'm not publicly elected to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I would have said "good luck the next time you need law enforcement, because I'm not sending them in here with just flashlights and pencils. In for a penny, in for a pound, fuckers..."
    It is fervently to be hoped.

I've found the best response is nearly always to let the other side experience the consequences of their decisions, either good or bad. If they've made a good decision, we both learn something. If it's a poor decision, they learn something. In either case the amount of net wisdom in the world increases.

This would mean that we get out of the savior business. It recognizes that some people just don't deserve saving, and there is an alternative that benefits everybody in appropriate measure. It starts with, "You made your bed . . . "

A less confrontational approach might involve an unofficial recognition of life-work balance. "Car 52, a call just came in from the local BLM office. Assault in progress. Shots fired. Numerous casualties. Rush over there and investigate as soon as your daughter's chickenpox clears up."

Why people go to these events is beyond me (I understand that the sheriff probably had official business). I hate people and large crowds. I also hate the taxpayer funded welfare for sporting teams companies.

Anyway, this very pro-2A Spokane County Sheriff got denied entry to Spokane arena because he was carrying. Other gun forums had many that crowed about this guy "getting a taste of what we put up with." This guy is one of us. I submit this picture of his 1911 as evidence.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 02-15-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    #RESIST

I've met the guy. He seems as pro 2A as most Spokane region LE, which is to say: above average.

I like him.

LEO certainly ought to be able to carry into sporting events and I'd prefer this apply to civilians as well. Two questions come to mind:
    1. How difficult are LE credentials to forge? No time to check databases as crowds stream into a venue.
    2. Regarding civilian concealed carry: yes, a right, but in states with essentially zero vetting you have no means of keeping an ill intentioned concealed carrier out. I took and passed a short-form MMPI test in California for my CCW, but I could just be a cleaver nut without a record (not).

Professional athletes have nothing coming.

Professional basketball is a dying sport. This just did it for me. I'm done with the NBA.

The Hornets were way, way out of line. In fact, those interfering with on-duty cops should have been arrested for resisting, obstruction, delaying statute of the state. No one can disarm an on-duty cop.

User Tag List