Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This needs to stop

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Apparently, MLB bans cameras by non press persons inside the stadium, and they say that includes us. Cops with body cams=fans with GoPro cameras and a YouTube account..
    #headdesk. One of many reasons I don't go to games.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I'm not old enough to remember the return of our soldiers from Vietnam but this reminds me a lot of that. I'm so pissed at the utter disrespect toward law enforcement.

I receive so much support from people when I'm in uniform. It's so.very humbling. I just don't understand how the same people can turn their backs on the very law enforcement officers that protect their neighborhoods. It makes me sick.

I think instead of fighting the idiots that are shitting on LEO's we should spend our energy supporting them every chance we get.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I'm not old enough to remember the return of our soldiers from Vietnam but this reminds me a lot of that. I'm so pissed at the utter disrespect toward law enforcement.

I receive so much support from people when I'm in uniform. It's so.very humbling. I just don't understand how the same people can turn their backs on the very law enforcement officers that protect their neighborhoods. It makes me sick.

I think instead of fighting the idiots that are shitting on LEO's we should spend our energy supporting them every chance we get.

Extremely short story time:

I just got done doing an overnight ride-along for fun (and yes I went to court for fun the previous day too).

Approximately at 0030 hrs, we conducted a traffic stop and the driver pulled into a local McDonalds. Shortly, a cover officer arrived on scene to join us. Right before the conclusion of our business with the driver, the shift manager for the McDs walks out to the parking lot to greet us and asks us to come inside when because "she takes care of her people." We parked the squads and took a brief brake inside the restaurant. I ordered some dinner and the manager would not let me pay even though I explicitly mentioned I was not an officer and I offered to pay. I didn't feel like taking credit for something I wasn't. But she had none of it and would not let me pay in support of her local officers. Frankly, I was moved and humbled.

PS CMPD Uni City night shift is a great group of guys and gals, very professional. I am proud to have ridden with them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    Extremely short story time:

I just got done doing an overnight ride-along for fun (and yes I went to court for fun the previous day too).

Approximately at 0030 hrs, we conducted a traffic stop and the driver pulled into a local McDonalds. Shortly, a cover officer arrived on scene to join us. Right before the conclusion of our business with the driver, the shift manager for the McDs walks out to the parking lot to greet us and asks us to come inside when because "she takes care of her people." We parked the squads and took a brief brake inside the restaurant. I ordered some dinner and the manager would not let me pay even though I explicitly mentioned I was not an officer and I offered to pay. I didn't feel like taking credit for something I wasn't. But she had none of it and would not let me pay in support of her local officers. Frankly, I was moved and humbled.

PS CMPD Uni City night shift is a great group of guys and gals, very professional. I am proud to have ridden with them.
    My old agency. CMPD is a squared away dept. with good training and tech. The current chief was in the academy class before mine and we worked the same
    District for my first couple of years on the job. He was a very good officer.

Glad they took care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    This is just one more reason to avoid gong to large events. I havent been to a Panthers, Hornets, or college game or a NASCAR event in this State in many years. Too many drunk people crammed in one spot for me.

I did venture out to a Hurricanes game a couple years ago with my squad and our kids and spouses. Biggest fucking mistake I made was thinking it was going to be a "family friendly" atmosphere. Second biggest mistake was thinking that, as a LEO carrying under LEOSA, I'd be able to get in. Nope.

Fuck them. They wont be getting any of my coin.
    I'm not a big sports fan, but I've enjoyed going to minor-league baseball games, especially when I was travelling for work. Nice relaxed atmosphere, small stadiums, and a lot less expensive than the majors.

Site Supporter
    Spokane County Sheriff told to put gun in car at a law-enforcement charity Hockey game with the Spokane Chiefs....good grief.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...g-spokane-are/

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Spokane County Sheriff told to put gun in car at a law-enforcement charity Hockey game with the Spokane Chiefs....good grief.

Another reason why Chiefs should lead from the front and wear their uniform when in public...

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

After spending about 1-3 weeks cumulative every year in Spokompton for work I think some germs from King County have begun to take hold. I like the way downtown is getting some new life and eats, but I'm not sure about how local politics is rolling.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 02-11-2017 at 11:53 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    After spending about 1-3 weeks cumulative every year in Spokompton for work I think some germs from King County have begun to take hold. I like the way downtown is getting some new life and eats, but I'm not sure about how local politics is rolling.
    I'm putting together a ballot initiative for Washington State to secede from King County.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    It's a shitload better than king county, I can still say that for sure.

I bet Ozzie was steamed.

User Tag List