Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago 762 homicides

Chicago 762 homicides

"It's almost like a pull back so they (gangs) can kill each other sort of thing,"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-01-15-42-42

"There has been a political atmosphere of anti-police sentiment that has swept across this country over the last few years. The simplest way to describe it is that we have created an environment where we have emboldened criminals and we are hamstringing the police. That is creating a state of lawlessness."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fo...rticle/2610687
    Last edited by UNK; 01-01-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

You what works even better than gun control?

Criminally charging police officers for good use of force
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Sorry Chicago, couldn't care less about the problems you create for yourself. You're the land of murder and fucking toll booths.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Don't want cops in your community and prefer policing yourselves....you get the prizes that go with that plan.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I heard in a recent podcast that if we had the same medicine as the 70s that gunshot deaths would be 4 times higher. Medical technology has increased so drastically that people who would've been in a body bag 4 decades ago are now living to tell about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I heard in a recent podcast that if we had the same medicine as the 70s that gunshot deaths would be 4 times higher. Medical technology has increased so drastically that people who would've been in a body bag 4 decades ago are now living to tell about it.
    Which is exactly why I mentioned that one needed to look at the attempt murder rate over the murder rate.

Having seen more than one person brought back to life after being dead for some time due to a stabbing or shooting, I don't doubt anything is possible medically.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Having seen more than one person brought back to life after being dead for some time due to a stabbing or shooting, I don't doubt anything is possible medically.
    Still can't fix stupid.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Actually the technology isn't really a whole lot better, there has just been a lot more practice at it. Emergency Medicine as a unique medical specialty didn't exist until the 70s, and trauma surgery not until even later. Even since the GWOT began we've learned a ton. There are some "new" cool tricks and tools (REBOAs, rapid infusers, EZ IOs, video intubation blades, smaller and cheaper freestanding ultrasound machines, etc) but at the institution I am training at we have a higher than average survival rate for penetrating trauma s/p emergent thoracotomy not because the technology is new - they just don't hesitate to crack open the chest and are good at fixing it once inside.

It's also worth mentioning to that there are some definitions of "alive" that I personally would not care to choose if I was given the option...

anyway, sorry for the tangent.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-01-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Actually the technology isn't really a whole lot better, there has just been a lot more practice at it. Emergency Medicine as a unique medical specialty didn't exist until the 70s, and trauma surgery not until even later. Even since the GWOT began we've learned a ton. There are some "new" cool tricks and tools (REBOAs, rapid infusers, smaller and cheaper freestanding ultrasound machines) but at the institution I am training at we have a higher than average survival rate for penetrating trauma s/p emergent thoracotomy not because the technology is new - they just don't hesitate to crack open the chest.

It's also worth mentioning to that there are some definitions of "alive" that I personally would not care to choose if I was given the option...

anyway, sorry for the tangent.
    Obviously my medical expertise consists of whatever I have to be certified for my department, also now narcan, and tactical/trauma care which I sought out and trained for on my own. I get a lot of practice in the real world and that's not necessarily a good thing. The docs at our local level 1 we get tons of practice. They get anything between 3-5 shooting and stabbing victims on a slow day (not for the whole city just my little slice) and probably a dozen or so vehicle and other type traumas.

What I was referring to was people who I thought would have died or should have died and did not. One guy many years ago took 7 762x39 rounds from an AK at about 12yards, four in the upper chest area. I rushed him to the ER and when I got there the doc who was all suited up was yelling up a storm because they thought he was shot with a pistol not a rifle. Four weeks later I saw the guy limping down the street on crutches. He was dead as it gets when I pulled up to the ER. But he was alive when I put him in my car. Maybe 30 seconds max of nothing other than him bumping around in the back of my car. I stopped to talked to him and he thanked me for saving his life. He said two rounds bounced off his spine after break several ribs and the doc's were able to patch the holes in his lungs and Nick at the top of his heart (I guess it missed the arch).

That is pretty impressive.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List