Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 RFI

I really like the style of holster like the IWB-P1 that JRC Holsters does, for something that isn't super heavy like a 1911. The hybrid model that JMCK and JRC collaborate on looks like it could be an option to consider as well.

I definitely suggest getting a full sized P30 holster, as it will also accommodate your VP9!

I also third the suggestion of suspenders, at least as a stop-gap until you have hit your fitness goal.

I used a Summer Special for 1911s and later went to the Sparks Executive for GL 21, 30, 17,19. It carried very well.

Any USP owner try a VMII with their full-sized pistol? In the market for an IWB holster for mine, and I found one for sale. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post

I definitely suggest getting a full sized P30 holster, as it will also accommodate your VP9!
    Are you positive about that? I asked Tony about compatibility between P30 and VP9 holsters and thought I remembered him telling me no. Something about the difference between the trigger guards.

Lots of good responses. As far as concealing goes make sure shirt is a little bigger than you would wear unarmed and cannot stress enough how much a high quality belt specifically for carrying a gun will help you. I use both a Wilderness Instructor belt and Beltman for a leather belt.

I want to try the Milt Sparks but have only used a Blade Tech for IWB. The suede stuck to a kydex holster sounds like a good idea.

As far as an OWB I have had excellent luck with a X-Concealment "C" series holster. I have used both Blade Tech and X-Concealmeant for several years, carry everyday and they both have held up really well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurholder View Post
    Any USP owner try a VMII with their full-sized pistol? In the market for an IWB holster for mine, and I found one for sale. Thanks.
    I have one for a USPc and love it. I know it's not the answer to the "full sized pistol" question, but thought I'd offer a data point.

Gyro

I have a FIST #20 hybrid (leather over thin kydex), with two tension screws added. It is a very similar design to the VM2, but gives you the best of both worlds, comfort of leather next to the skin, with the speed and retention of kydex. Not a pretty holster (but it's for concealment so who cares?), and not cheap, but works great.

I'll also second the recommendation from earlier in the thread to be sure you have a good gun belt. Much discussion of that here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....highlight=belt

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Rich, try putting some of this on the holster http://www.soles2dance.com/Suede-she.../suede-diy.htm , I have used it on a few and it works great and is super easy to install.
    Likewise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I think behind the hip IWB carry is slow, prints too much with thicker pistols, and hurts.

For your P30SK, I would consider a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit (Express as it is faster to get and less expensive) OWB. My wife wears one daily with a G26, and with a short pistol, is doesn't give up much to an IWB.

Alternatively you could consider a man purse.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 RFI

Thanks all. Great ideas.

Some have mentioned the belt question. I have two; an Uncle Miles Wilderness clone (bought first) and an Ares Aegis, both 1.5".

The UM belt is a metal buckle and velcro closure. I've mostly used it offset for AIWB. The adjustment is good and the tail tucks out of the way. When I bought it I weighed 205 so I've cut it down a bit. It is flexy, but I've found it better for AIWB if it is a little loose.

The Ares Aegis is very very stiff, and has a sliding buckle with locking cam. The adjustment is good and once in place, does not loosen. Problem is once tight, it is almost impossible to undo the cam without a tool (I push it loose with my EDC Streamlight).

I started with an XL and received karma for a L size, so fit is good. The tail extends to my strong side, so mostly I use it for IWB of the VP9 off my hip.

Looking forward, if I won the lottery I'd buy a leather Tow Belt (I'll add a link) for around $100. But I'm at 185 on the way to a goal weight of 170-175 lbs, so I want to wait till later in the year. But I do see buying a good leather belt later.

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by RJ; 01-04-2017 at 08:35 AM.

User Tag List