Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Snubby Lifestyle....done right

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Things gauge as you age and slow down. My intinial staging to stay strong has now finally started weaving back; been using a G43 and two IWB 8 round-Taranis?-mag-pouches for a few months now. Brain is back at the combat job; heading to Housten Methodist today, having another major brain job Wednesday.

Post here being, not annoying the medical folks yet staying with SOMETHING means my good old 10.5 ounce/five cylinder rounds, with by faithful bride carrying her HK and ready immediately to take the M-342 clear when time. The issue is that, if everything goes okay (but leaves me even more "messy" after the surgery and makes me drop even more carry weight), I might have it light as possible for all day long. Not good... but you gotta what you gotta do.

In other words, when I (hopefully) get a bit better in a couple of weeks, it's time to REALLY re-advise my EDC situation. I'm not a fisher man, but the photo expresses enough to know our thoughts.

I'm very glad to see your post here today, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter View Post
    Attachment 13002

This is my new 442, I'm doing several You Tube videos with this gun for a project with my son. My goal is to discuss the snubby lifestyle and training it takes to be confident and proficient with these guns.
    Our videos are nothing special and I'm not an expert, just a guy wanting to get better with my J-frames.
    Picture above is from a 50 round drill I got off of revolver science the high shot were from the 15 with a stock trigger. The next day I installed an APEX. I struggle with J-frames in the stock configuration for several reasons, it's kinda like smith gave no thought to them at all.
    When should we expect the videos?
    Will there be a link?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Dremel. Ive butchered many Smith grips over the years, with no hesitation. Actually, I used a file and sandpaper for the most part, but anything that hampered loading or unloading wasn't acceptable.

If youre interested in letting the factory grips go, let me know.
    Yeah I've done that too. I put mine in the freezer 1st, it made Dremel work easy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    When should we expect the videos?
    Will there be a link?
    Maybe today on the 1st one.
    Yes I'll link it.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_2094.JPG
Views: 666
Size:  17.5 KB

This was interesting, only 300 rounds through the gun...

See the pin backed out, I tapped in back in.
    Last edited by jslaughter; 01-08-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Attachment 13017

5 rounds 5 seconds 7 yards, my trigger control at speed sucks. I averaged 4.65 seconds from the low ready.
    do this both with and without the laser.
    I had some with one round outside the black, usually from shooting it too fast, under 4 seconds.

Site Supporter
    Attachment 13018

Dot Torture with Laser 49/50 pushed one high on Dot 8...

What's going to be interesting is getting back into me some extensive 25 yards+ works out. I used to fire a genuine qual at least every year at 25 yards and closer that was policy; keeping J's in a four to five inches, from 25 yards under time; none of that since almost ten years now.

Carrying/depending on a SINGLE J frame, with two SafariLand Speed Strips, certainly changes your attitude. It's necessary here, in the hospital, because having to get the body cleared with nothing to mess with the machines has to be removed from my body often times daily while they are getting me set up. And once I get back home, I am concerned that, as I get somewhat weaker for daily carry, I'll end up with still a single, super-light J and a few spare rounds. Sigh.

And then... I remember just how long I actually DID that as a young man when off duty, actually had to use one twice, and did just fine with it.

The only problem with all of this is that cleaning of revolvers, particulary lead bullet cartridges, is a quite file MAJOR pain in the ass after each training op. Rats... ��

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter View Post
    Name:  IMG_2094.JPG
Views: 666
Size:  17.5 KB

This was interesting, only 300 rounds through the gun...

See the pin backed out, I tapped in back in.

I'm assuming that the photo just LOOKS bent; all you had to do was re-secure the forward pin? If so, that WILL happen again... And will need being replaced most likely.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I'm assuming that the photo just LOOKS bent; all you had to do was re-secure the forward pin? If so, that WILL happen again... And will need being replaced most likely.

Not bent, just tapped it back it. The build quality on this particular gun is crappy. The cylinder release keeps coming lose too. I do need to get it out past 15 yrds. I sure wish this was a 638 I shoot it a lot better for some reason. It might be the 2,500 rnds I've put through it. This gun is at 400 rounds as of today.

User Tag List