Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Snubby Lifestyle....done right

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    There's a lot of us "living vicariously" around here, my friend. That's one of the best things about pf, it's permitted here.
    Nice! I have really enjoyed getting into my revolvers, and looking through the threads here have been a great source of info.

I never really gave much thought to wheelguns until I inherited my Dad's Model 12-2. I took it in to Denny to get it worked up not really knowing what it was and when I went to pick it up I told him I was there to pick up a J-frame because that's what I thought you called small revolvers....I got schooled pretty quickly to say the least...lol!

LGS had a 340 PD but it had the lock. Just as well because the price they were asking seemed high to me but I haven't priced them used. That sucker is light though, I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Yesterday, during a training session Wayne and I agreed to work all day with our actual daily concealed guns and carry systems. Shot a P2000SK all day from a deep concealed holster under winter clothing and the M&P340 out of a Mika pocket holster. The M&P 340 is not a shoot all day gun. It is not comfortable to shoot a lot....but is to carry a lot. I shot 25 rounds through it and was good for the day. I can shoot the stainless heavier guns much more with little discomfort.

Ted Yost is building me a S&W640 right now as more of a training and shoot a lot snub.
    Things gauge as you age and slow down. My intinial staging to stay strong has now finally started weaving back; been using a G43 and two IWB 8 round-Taranis?-mag-pouches for a few months now. Brain is back at the combat job; heading to Housten Methodist today, having another major brain job Wednesday.

Post here being, not annoying the medical folks yet staying with SOMETHING means my good old 10.5 ounce/five cylinder rounds, with by faithful bride carrying her HK and ready immediately to take the M-342 clear when time. The issue is that, if everything goes okay (but leaves me even more "messy" after the surgery and makes me drop even more carry weight), I might have it light as possible for all day long. Not good... but you gotta what you gotta do.

In other words, when I (hopefully) get a bit better in a couple of weeks, it's time to REALLY re-advise my EDC situation. I'm not a fisher man, but the photo expresses enough to know our thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Things gauge as you age and slow down. My intinial staging to stay strong has now finally started weaving back; been using a G43 and two IWB 8 round-Taranis?-mag-pouches for a few months now. Brain is back at the combat job; heading to Housten Methodist today, having another major brain job Wednesday.

Post here being, not annoying the medical folks yet staying with SOMETHING means my good old 10.5 ounce/five cylinder rounds, with by faithful bride carrying her HK and ready immediately to take the M-342 clear when time. The issue is that, if everything goes okay (but leaves me even more "messy" after the surgery and makes me drop even more carry weight), I might have it light as possible for all day long. Not good... but you gotta what you gotta do.

In other words, when I (hopefully) get a bit better in a couple of weeks, it's time to REALLY re-advise my EDC situation. I'm not a fisher man, but the photo expresses enough to know our thoughts.

Good luck LSP972!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_2086.JPG
Views: 685
Size:  24.3 KB

This is my new 442, I'm doing several You Tube videos with this gun for a project with my son. My goal is to discuss the snubby lifestyle and training it takes to be confident and proficient with these guns.
    Our videos are nothing special and I'm not an expert, just a guy wanting to get better with my J-frames.
    Picture above is from a 50 round drill I got off of revolver science the high shot were from the 15 with a stock trigger. The next day I installed an APEX. I struggle with J-frames in the stock configuration for several reasons, it's kinda like smith gave no thought to them at all.
    Last edited by jslaughter; 01-08-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_2088.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  76.4 KB

The stock grips are comfortable in the hand, but that is it. You can not use speed loaders with them and they prevent all of the brass from extraction. It got Crimson trace laser grips the next day.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_2089.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  22.4 KB
    after APEX trigger kit.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_2087.JPG
Views: 597
Size:  28.1 KB

Before APEX
    Last edited by jslaughter; 01-08-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    Attachment 13006

After APEX kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter View Post
    Name:  IMG_2088.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  76.4 KB

The stock grips are comfortable in the hand, but that is it. You can not use speed loaders with them and they prevent all of the brass from extraction. It got Crimson trace laser grips the next day.
    Dremel. Ive butchered many Smith grips over the years, with no hesitation. Actually, I used a file and sandpaper for the most part, but anything that hampered loading or unloading wasn't acceptable.

If youre interested in letting the factory grips go, let me know.
    Last edited by Malamute; 01-08-2017 at 11:45 AM.

User Tag List