Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best selling handguns of 2016

Site Supporter

Best selling handguns of 2016

According to the article, concealability and effectiveness were the critical driving factors in the purchases. Aside from the fact that someone can't count (title says 5 best selling handguns and 6 are listed) and that the Glock 19 is described as single stack, it is interesting.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/5-bes.../30/id/766175/

Single stack G19?

Everyone knows the Taurus G2 was the best gun of 2016.

236 rounds through mine and no problems. Works for me™

It would be nice if writers of these articles knew their terminology, or at least have these articles proof read before publishing them.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld Podcast View Post
    It would be nice if writers of these articles knew their terminology, or at least have these articles proof read before publishing them.

It would be nice if "writers" actually knew something about their subject matter.

With the rise of the interwebs and online articles, it seems that anybody with a computer and an opinion is now a "writer". I have seen more erroneous nonsense put out in the last 10 years than the previous 30. We seriously need some guys like Finn Aagaard and Elmer Keith (Keith was semi illiterate, but he made up for it with mountains of experience). Aagaard was exceptional. In a typical year he did more than most "gun writers" of today do in a lifetime.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what a writer gets paid per article on average?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know what a writer gets paid per article on average?
    depends on the medium...

online, the very biggest gun blogs you are all familiar with generally pay nothing to the majority of their writers - in exchange they get publicity/publication as well as TE guns ammo and the occasional trip or factory tour etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    According to the article, concealability and effectiveness were the critical driving factors in the purchases. Aside from the fact that someone can't count (title says 5 best selling handguns and 6 are listed) and that the Glock 19 is described as single stack, it is interesting.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/5-bes.../30/id/766175/
    Technically that was 6 guns. Technically they labeled it '5', but only offered 4 numbers. I'm totally confused...
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

This gun will be carried by the Marine Corps Special Operations Command's elite Raiders, Military.com noted, calling the gun a "reliable, easy-to-maintain 9mm pistol."
    Glock has a time machine so they can go back and equip USMC Raiders? Fucking awesome.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

They brought the name 'Raiders' back a few years back.

I would be more impressed if they could arm our original marines. Easy to win a boarding action when everyone has a Glock.
    Last edited by Peally; 02-14-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List