Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebratory Gunfire

Site Supporter

Celebratory Gunfire

Serious quaestion - How much of a problem is celebratory gunfire on holidays in your area?

Obviously it's enough of an issue here the for the PD to create PSA messages on the subject.

What goes up must go down.

Name:  IMG_0959.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  45.8 KB

North GA, nil. I hear neighbors target practice often but not night celebratory. It was a problem in San Antonio when I lived there but not where I lived.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've never heard celebratory gunfire in any of the places I have lived, ever. Some of those places were extremely small communities as well. The culture and local laws have a very large part to play in this type of behaviour I guess.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

It's common to hear gunshots during the day as many folks in the area shoot on and around their property.

Rarely, if ever hear any celebratory gunfire.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Serious quaestion - How much of a problem is celebratory gunfire on holidays in your area?

Obviously it's enough of an issue here the for the PD to create PSA messages on the subject.

What goes up must go down.

Name:  IMG_0959.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  45.8 KB
    Unless you live on the West or South Side of Chicago,where you're glad the bullets are going up for a change instead of sideways.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I knew one guy who liked to do that, but he was smart enough to shoot into soil.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Im out in the country and its happens every new year. Most have there own shooting range so that's what they use. Lots of fireworks too.

So bad where I used to work the cops would gather in a parking garage or underpasses for New Years and other times. In Air Support we would pull the helicopter into the hanger well before midnight on New Years to avoid falling debris in the dog house or damaging the rotor blades. Where I live now, it is noticeable, but not as bad as where I was in SoCal.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Not an issue here in greater Clearwater FL, as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    So bad where I used to work the cops would gather in a parking garage or underpasses for New Years and other times.
    In Detroit, too.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List