Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 RX Torture Test

I saw another article online somewhere about the optic getting cracked by racking it off of objects.

To be honest I've got mixed feelings about that as an issue, if it still "seems usable"... I want to see how far it has to go to die, not at what point it "seems usable". I'm also not sure i want to base my assessment off of racking it against wooden tables.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I'm just excited to see a gun magazine actually reporting the failures and breakages. I haven't read Guns & Ammo in years, but back in the 90s it seemed like mostly fluff pieces and advertising. Am I remembering it wrong or have things changed?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    I'm just excited to see a gun magazine actually reporting the failures and breakages. I haven't read Guns & Ammo in years, but back in the 90s it seemed like mostly fluff pieces and advertising. Am I remembering it wrong or have things changed?
    I completely agree, I was frankly stunned the FTE was reported as well. If G&A is heading back towards diligent firearms journalism and not the useless American Rifleman reviews that read like ad copy no matter how crappy the Taurus-of-the-Month actually is, I will happily start tossing them a few greenbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    yup thats the cover. The author is a LEO instructor/qualifier/range type guy.
    I assume he is the son of Larry Mudgett, though I guess the name could just be a coincidence.

I am very pleased to see the more objective style of testing based equipment review that this place has fostered spreading in the industry.

I am sure there will be fodder for many arguments over metholodgy, protocol, evaluation and the like - but these are far better things to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I assume he is the son of Larry Mudgett, though I guess the name could just be a coincidence.

You never know how off-spring will turn out but if he's Larry Mudgett's son he's probably pretty squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    You never know how off-spring will turn out but if he's Larry Mudgett's son he's probably pretty squared away.
    If you know Larry then maybe you could invite his son for this conversation. :-)
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Sig 320 RX Torture Test

Just put a few hundred rounds through a buddy's 320RX. The gun was boringly reliable with 130 PF reloads and a Springer guide rod / 14# 1911 spring. The optic is very nice, and large enough that tracking the dot's orbit through the firing cycle was easy. The stock iron sights hit 8" low at 25yds if you use the top of the front blade.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-02-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Larry was in my Gunsite 270 rifle class circa 1991.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Just put a few hundred rounds through a buddy's 320RX. The gun was boringly reliable with 130 PF reloads and a Springer guide rod / 14# 1911 spring. The optic is very nice, and large enough that tracking the dot's orbit through the firing cycle was easy. The stock iron sights hit 8" low at 25yds if you use the top of the front blade.
    Don't you know the BUIS are for finding the dot but not to actually shoot with.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List