Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 RX Torture Test

Durability of the optic is the most interesting to me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Vending Machine Operator
    I bought this issue, because of EL's PX4c (or, more accurately, my girlfriend heard me talking about EL's PX4c, remembered, and grabbed this issue when she saw it). The 320RX write-up was good, they actually did start the test. The gun ran well but the red dot broke.

Edit: cluster beat me to it
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-31-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I bought this issue, because of EL's PX4c (or, more accurately, my girlfriend heard me talking about EL's PX4c, remembered, and grabbed this issue when she saw it). The 320RX write-up was good, they actually did start the test. The gun ran well but the red dot broke.

Edit: cluster beat me to it
    Any more info on the particulars of the dot failure? With three DP Pro optics back to Leupold in the last six weeks, and multiple dots back to Trijicon for dot blinking outbreasons, I don't consider any currently available to be durable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Any more info on the particulars of the dot failure? With three DP Pro optics back to Leupold in the last six weeks, and multiple dots back to Trijicon for dot blinking outbreasons, I don't consider any currently available to be durable.
    As long as the RDS is mounted on a reciprocating slide, I don't see them lasting very long before they break.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Am I gonna get banned if I post some screens from the G&A article? Should I type out quotes instead?

Am I gonna get banned if I post some screens from the G&A article? Should I type out quotes instead?
    Can you just summarize?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Can you just summarize?

Sorry, I was on my phone and I'm VERY lazy. Sure.

Test gun was the P320RX with Romeo1 Optic and suppressor-height night sights.
    Ammo was 10,000 Rounds Sig Sauer 124-grain V-Crown JHP

Week 1: 1,043 rounds, 1 malfunction, 0 breakages. Malfunction was a failure to eject at round 143, spent case wedge parallel to ejection port, case rim wedged against rear of ejection port, front of the case on the barrel hood. Stoppage cleared with tap-rack and test continued.

Week 2: 1,226 rounds, 2,269 test total, no more malfunctions or breakages

Week 3: 1,223 rounds, 3,492 test total, no more malfunctions or breakages

Week 4: 754 rounds, 4,246 test total, no more malfunctions or breakages (of the gun itself)

MID-WEEK 4: Tester performed one-handed reload and racked slide off wooden table top using front of ROMEO1 optic, claims to have done so many times during the test. Aspherical lens broken. Circular crack appeared in the upper right inside corner of lens, upper left outside corner of lens. (article has two pics, sight is still intact and seems usable, but definite cracks and a large gouge).

Test paused awaiting replacement gun.

Test paused awaiting replacement gun.
    Usually that means test starts over. They can't run a test and halfway through switch guns then claim the test has any validity as a 10K test.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Usually that means test starts over. They can't run a test and halfway through switch guns then claim the test has any validity as a 10K test.
    "As it stands now, I am waiting on a replacement sight from SIG Sauer, which will zero out the round count on the sight. The round count on the new optic will be noted in a column at the top of each entry, separate from the actual number of rounds fired through the pistol."

- Chris Mudgett, article author + tester

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm mostly ok with you posting the pictures.
    Alright, I'll post in pretty limited scope. If it causes heartburn for ya feel free to scorch the earth.

User Tag List