Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80 aftermarket slide for Gen3 G17 for RMR?

Polymer 80 aftermarket slide for Gen3 G17 for RMR?

Good evening,

I'd like to pick the hive mind about a aftermarket slide for a Gen3 Glock 17.

http://www.polymer80.com/P80-DLC-Sli...ck_p_1845.html

I have a spare Gen3 G17 frame laying around with a nice threaded barrel as well. I've been thinking about a RMR-equipped pistol: The eyes, they not so young anymore. I'd like to get a Glock with a Trijicon RMR. Since I already have the frame, barrel and parts that go in the slide, this would give me more cash to spend on the RMR.

Has anyone seen or had any feedback on these slides?

Thanks very much for your time.

I've never heard of them, neither here nor anywhere else, and I'd say I have at least a decent knowledge of the aftermarket for Glock.

It looks pretty sketchy to me. I'm automatically a bit dubious of any company that sells 80% lowers and has a weird name like "Polymer 80." I figure buying a slide from the is about like buying a pill of some infomercial to make your pecker bigger called "Phallus 4000."

I wouldn't buy anything from them. I'm of the belief you get what you pay for and that slide costs half what an Agency slide costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No knowledge of the polymer 80 slide or anything that company makes. But I have to disagree that cost less than X is a viable thought process. I've got a pws slide on a gen 3 frame and I like it, it costs about the same as the p80. Getting ready to send it off to be milled for delta point. Not sure how I lived without front serrations before.

Polymer 80 aftermarket slide for Gen3 G17 for RMR?

Looks like Polymer80 is a NV company set up to manufacture & market "Ghost guns" (i.e., 80% completions) of specifically, an AR10 rifle & a Glock knockoff. See their FAQ section and the link to their BATFE approval letter.
    I'm not familiar with their G17 slides ($415) either; description reads pretty sound.

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk
    Last edited by busykngt; 12-31-2016 at 04:37 AM.

I have no experience with that one or this one, but I'd buy this one if I wanted to try a cheaper slide out.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/sua...x#.WGejK7YrKT8

I wouldn't touch a poly AR lower with a 10ft pole, but their 80% G17 lowers have been getting mostly good reviews. They're just about to release an even better designed 80% G19 frame that looks like an actual quality 80% solution.

I can't comment on their slides, but once you hit the > $400 point you're within range of some more well reviewed slides. I just picked up an ATOM slide with an adapter plate for $400, so deals are out there.

ATOM
    Suarez
    Rogers

All come in around that rough price point, and I would personally bet on any of them over an unknown. I like the ATOM.

Thank for for the input, folks. I'm just going to put some more nickels in the piggy back, and keep saving up.

Don't have any experiences with aftermarket Glock slides but,

What about battlecomp slides?

Also was there not another vendor that was producing slides that was marketed as improving trigger pull? I think they showed them at Shot Show like 2 years ago or something.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Don't have any experiences with aftermarket Glock slides but,

What about battlecomp slides?

Also was there not another vendor that was producing slides that was marketed as improving trigger pull? I think they showed them at Shot Show like 2 years ago or something.
    Interesting. I did not realize that BCE made Glock slides. I just checked their website, and it appears they only produce them for the Glock 19.

I do have one of the original comps they made many moons ago, and like it a lot. I need to dig that AR out of the safe and shoot it some more.

User Tag List