Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80 aftermarket slide for Gen3 G17 for RMR?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Speaking of RMR's

Trijicon RMR® Type-1 Adjustable LED Reflex Sight.

$348.99

http://www.cabelas.com/product/TRIJI...HT/2047219.uts
    Indeed. And they've been on sale like this for nearly a year. Kind wonder how many Cabellas bought...

Lone Wolf slide completion kit or something else? Gotta nab a slide from Brownell's today too so one stop shop is preferred.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Lone Wolf slide completion kit or something else? Gotta nab a slide from Brownell's today too so one stop shop is preferred.
    If you can find one, I would advise you go with OEM....I went with LW because the OEM was out of stock everywhere and the LW firing pin broke after fewer than 1500 rounds.

Brownells slide is treating myself and many others quite well.
    #RESIST

Midway has a sale on their well spoken of, house brand “Swenson” barrels.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...read-protector
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    $210 to the door for all factory parts to complete, minus barrel, sights, and Gadget.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

So, myself, and some well known PF-folk got to shoot my Roland “Very Special” (name coined by @TCinVA). It won’t function with lighter loads due to the compensator, I need a lighter recoil spring. I’ve got a 15lb and 13lb plus a guide rod en route. @JMS and I got it zeroed at a decent distance, I think 15 yards, maybe more, maybe less. The center of the target got punched out.

I don’t have enough data yet to really form an opinion, but I think it wants to run and run well. I’m not sold on pistol mounted RDS nor even the comp. you wouldn’t be sold on the comp either if you saw @joshs and @TCinVA shooting their PX4 compacts. Either my comp is not that great or there is some magic to the Beretta’s rotating barrel.

I’m happy I built it, but for now it is a toy until I get the recoil spring sorted and also a better holster. Both of those problems are due to me not following the seven Ps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-11-2018 at 07:44 PM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    you wouldn’t be sold on the comp either if you saw @joshs and @TCinVA shooting their PX4 compacts. Either my comp is not that great or there is some magic to the Beretta’s rotating barrel.seven Ps.
    With some hotter ammo and a lighter recoil spring, I bet your Very Special Roland would shoot flatter. The comp needs more expanding gasses to provide downward force.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    With some hotter ammo and a lighter recoil spring, I bet your Very Special Roland would shoot flatter. The comp needs more expanding gasses to provide downward force.
    It did shoot well with 124gr HSTs and @JMS being my spotter. I've heard nothing but good things about the SiCo barrel, looking forward to really wringing it out.
    #RESIST

User Tag List