Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80 aftermarket slide for Gen3 G17 for RMR?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It won’t function with lighter loads due to the compensator, I need a lighter recoil spring. I’ve got a 15lb and 13lb plus a guide rod en route.
    Same here. It's 100% with the +P stuff but jammy with anything cheap--at least it proves that the comp is workin, right? What brand of spring/GR did you go with?

It did shoot well with 124gr HSTs
    What was it you were using, initially?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    How does the polymer80 compare to the stock Gen3 in grip circumference and trigger reach?

I'd appreciate it when you get the chance.

After going to the small gripped P250c, the G23.3 grip feels like a fat, oiled up slip-n-slide.
    I'll get you some measurements later, don't hesitate to remind me if I don't get it done in a day or so.
    @LittleLebowski

Friendly bump for the above info. Subjective impressions welcomed as well.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    What was it you were using, initially?
    124gr plated Berry’s over 3.7gr of titegroup, which is admittedly a light load.
    #RESIST

@Chuck Whitlock, grip circumference from front to back tapers from 2.04 below the trigger guard to 2.14” at the bottom before the start of the flare for the quasi magwell. Width from side to side is about 1.14”. Reach in a straight line from the back of the grip to the tip of the trigger ( #JustTheTip ) is 3.24”.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-18-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    #RESIST

Completed my full size .40 couple weeks ago. Made it to the range Friday and shot about 150 round WWB 165 grain. 0 issues. It's a keeper.
    Completed with all Glock parts. Including new complete Glock slide assembly.

@Chuck Whitlock, grip circumference from front to back tapers from 2.04 below the trigger guard to 2.14” at the bottom before the start of the flare for the quasi magwell. Width from side to side is about 1.14”. Reach in a straight line from the back of the grip to the tip of the trigger ( #JustTheTip ) is 3.24”.
    Thanks for that.....I'm going to have to run the numbers on my Gen3 and compare. Wat is your subjective impression compared th the stock gen3 frame?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I bought one of the Brownells slides because I had read good things for the price. I assembled a Rowland special style base gun with plans to function test it before investing in a comp and RMR but realized I'm probably not at a skill level to see the benefits of a comp plus I am switching over to Berettas so I listed the 19 on Armslist without even shooting it.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 04-10-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Found these RMR cover plates with some options that are specifically made for the Brownell's slides....thought they might come in handy since I have more slides than RMR's at the moment. I'm pleased with the fit. No affiliation.

Name:  Image.png.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  50.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Thanks for that.....I'm going to have to run the numbers on my Gen3 and compare. Wat is your subjective impression compared th the stock gen3 frame?
    Way better.
    #RESIST

User Tag List