Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ETS Glock Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Mine were unreliable enough in my practice Glock 17's that I'm contemplating selling them for a song (with full disclosure). Magpul GL9's have been GTG in 15/17/21 round capacities.
    Call them and they'll replace them for you. I had a set where the springs were too tight and putting in a 15+1 caused a FTF and an unlocking of the mag. The ones I have now are GTG, but I'm still only using them at the range the a few thousand before I'd use them for carry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

My ETS mags were from their early ones with the bad springs. AFAIK they replaced those for anyone who asked. My Magpul mags have not proved reliable and not only would I not use them as carry mags, I have taken them out of my practice rotation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Call them and they'll replace them for you. I had a set where the springs were too tight and putting in a 15+1 caused a FTF and an unlocking of the mag. The ones I have now are GTG, but I'm still only using them at the range the a few thousand before I'd use them for carry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Did that. Not interested in wasting further training time with mags of unproven provenance at this point. Will stick to OEM 17 round mags or GL9's.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

ETS Glock Magazines

I picked up some ets 21 round mags and they wouldn't fit 21 rounds in them. 20 rounds caused them to swell. They wouldn't insert into my pistol. They sent a replacement spring and then a replacement magazine. They still don't fit in my 34 because they swell too much. They fit in the 19 just fine. ETS said I'm one of a handful of people who has narrow magwells that don't work with them.

The magpuls on the other hand have been outstanding. I have a few thousand rounds through them. One magazine gave me issues initially but works fine now.
    Last edited by JCS; 12-31-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    You can't get OEM mags cheaper from any other company, I see them on sale for -/+ $20 all the time. I can see buying and having whatever for - training/practice/to have lots - but why would anyone chance it and carry anything other than glock mags?
    Because Nothing says operator like clear magazines loaded with RIP rounds.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Because Nothing says operator like clear magazines loaded with RIP rounds.
    I'm still waiting for the CCW shoot with someone using them.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I was very interested in ETS mags when they were new. They are a great bunch of people, but the mags are not serious use kit in both Glock and AR.

When you have to reduce spring strength to keep from distorting mag bodies, your mags suck.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    You can't get OEM mags cheaper from any other company, I see them on sale for -/+ $20 all the time. I can see buying and having whatever for - training/practice/to have lots - but why would anyone chance it and carry anything other than glock mags?
    CDNN has sales on OEM Mags. and I have purchased from them. $20.00 is a good deal. Not this Christmas but last i bought some P-Mags for my G17 (Lanbo's Armory) They are two counties over and with tax and shipping I bought two for just under $25.

CONSENSUS: Factory and Magpul (when price is right again) Appreciate the RELIABLE info !
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

User Tag List