Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETS Glock Magazines

ETS Glock Magazines

They seem to be getting good reviews. I have a couple of Magpul Pmags for my G17. (Use them only at range). Anyone using Aftermarket Glock magazines in their EDC?

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tried some, had issues. Failure to lock, stuck springs. Sold em. Nagpur is cheaper and g2g.

My first experience with the pmags for Glocks was a little over a year ago. I bought them along with a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm out of my 22 gen 4.
    To this day those mags all work great and I have added others for my 19 as well. I usually carry a pmag 15 in the gun and a pmag 17 as a reload.
    I recently picked up 3 ets mags. 2 of them are 15's and one 17. I probably only have about 100 rounds through each of them but they are working fine so far.
    So for now the ets mags live in my range bag along with a couple pmags. My carry mags are pmags. The oem mags sit at home with snap caps and I use them for dry practice.
    Last edited by Jeffw78; 12-31-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    They seem to be getting good reviews. I have a couple of Magpul Pmags for my G17. (Use them only at range). Anyone using Aftermarket Glock magazines in their EDC?

I'm rolling an ETS magazine in my G22 right now. Zero issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine were unreliable enough in my practice Glock 17's that I'm contemplating selling them for a song (with full disclosure). Magpul GL9's have been GTG in 15/17/21 round capacities.

You can't get OEM mags cheaper from any other company, I see them on sale for -/+ $20 all the time. I can see buying and having whatever for - training/practice/to have lots - but why would anyone chance it and carry anything other than glock mags?
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    You can't get OEM mags cheaper from any other company, I see them on sale for -/+ $20 all the time. I can see buying and having whatever for - training/practice/to have lots - but why would anyone chance it and carry anything other than glock mags?
    Because glock doesn't make a 21/22rnd 9mm mag. I use oem 15rnd mags in my g19 for carry, but use a 22rnd ets mag as my spare mag. Makes for a total of 38 rounds without much of a footprint.

ETS Glock Magazines

I bought 5 of the 22rnd 9mm mags and ran them at SuperDave 's instructor workshop.

Part way through day 2 I started having issues with them delivering rounds properly, and had multiple failures to lock open.

All failures could be traced back to the springs. ETS was very apologetic and sent me some new springs to replace the defective ones.

I think they're an ok mag for practice / training. I would not carry ETS mags in a duty or self defense role.

As far as magpul, My experience with the magpul mags has been that they are every bit as reliable as the factory mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SamuelBLong; 12-31-2016 at 07:08 AM.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

That videos isn't a review. It's a video people shooting guns and talking about magazines with no particular purpose.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    I've used the 15 and 21 round mags. I haven't had any problems with feeding, but they rarely if ever lock the slide back on empty.

User Tag List