Thread: TASER Evidence Collection and Analysis Class

Site Supporter

TASER Evidence Collection and Analysis Class

Has anyone attended TASER International's Evidence Collection and Analysis Class? If so, is it worth sending one or more TASER Instructors and/or investigators? Thanks and be safe.
    Last edited by jnc36rcpd; 12-30-2016 at 09:44 AM.

I think it would depend on your command staff.

Our Taser instructors have been through it and it's been very beneficial when it comes to dealing with IAD and Chiefs. I certainly wouldn't put an officer on the stand to offer expert testimony, because he went through that class.

Our Taser policy is right out of Monty Python "Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out." Somehow it was determined that we can only give a suspect three rides with a Taser. So when the counting of the Tasings exceeds three, there's usually a perfectly reasonable explanation. That usually doesn't matter. Being able to confuse Chiefs and IAD detectives with pretty charts and graphs of things they don't understand usually works.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter
    I m absolutely going to steal that line from you and Monty Python at the next Taser recertifiication.`

User Tag List