Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S3F Solutions Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Pic of 10 round group on B8 at 25?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    I'll try and get that done time permitting. Also gonna get a better rest, any recommendations? I've been just using a caldwell bag.

So I take it you are pulling the RDS off to shoot the groups with the irons. How does the RDS hold zero when putting it back on?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    So I take it you are pulling the RDS off to shoot the groups with the irons. How does the RDS hold zero when putting it back on?
    When I got to the range I had the RDS removed and wanted to shoot groups with the irons. With the factory barrel had to drift the rear iron sight to the right a touch (shooting freestyle, and rest) . It bugged me a lot and I bought the S3F barrel because I was planning to anyways and also hoped I could keep the rear iron sight centered. Recentered my irons and shot with the factory barrel rested, pulled left as usual but when I installed the S3F barrel it shot true POA=POI.

Afterwards I put on the red dot and rezeroed it with the S3F Barrel. When the RDS was zeored with the factory barrel of course it was drifted right to help so with the S3F barrel shots pulled right before zeroing. After I zeroed it out to 25 yards I decided to put up a fresh target and shot the 3 shot group you see in the picture. All of this was done rested.

The RDS held zero okay after removal but had to be redone because of the right impact for last being zeored with the factory barrel.

Fantastic. I own 4 S3F Barrels. My favorite Glock is sub 1.5" with cheap ammo (either WWB, cheap blazer brass, and even got great groups with Wolf lol) out of a G17.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Fantastic. I own 4 S3F Barrels. My favorite Glock is sub 1.5" with cheap ammo (either WWB, cheap blazer brass, and even got great groups with Wolf lol) out of a G17.
    Yeah, it really likes 115gr practice ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    Yeah, it really likes 115gr practice ammo.
    My question is how does it do with good carry loads like Speer gold dot 124 grain plus p, or Federal 147 HST? If it shoots cheap range ammo great but not that it would be cool for a practice/comp gun but that's it. I've seen similar texts where they stated it shot the 115grain stuff the best as well.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    My question is how does it do with good carry loads like Speer gold dot 124 grain plus p, or Federal 147 HST? If it shoots cheap range ammo great but not that it would be cool for a practice/comp gun but that's it. I've seen similar texts where they stated it shot the 115grain stuff the best as well.
    Next time I go to the range I'll run some 124gr HST (my carry cartridges) through it. I am tempted to put an S3F in my carry gun (G19 Gen3) but gotta shoot some loads through the 17 first.

Depending on the results I see after some carry ammo tested, I may try one out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Depending on the results I see after some carry ammo tested, I may try one out too.
    https://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...v-wilson.1727/

This is worth reading too if you don't want to wait. Primary purpose for my S3F is gaming and range but I'll run some 124gr HST's next time I hit the range. I'm curious if I can find an ideal defensive load that will work in tandem with the S3F

The .pdf's were not available but I remember that I can get the ZEV barrels at a good price, maybe I should try one out.

User Tag List