Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S3F Solutions Barrel

I just ordered one for my gen 3 G34. Looking forward to seeing how it does against the OE barrel.

Looking forward to seeing how 124s or 125s do out of these.
    #RESIST

Was able to shoot a 3 shot group at 25yrds freestyle the other day with my carry load (Federal HST 124GR). I didn't have access to a good rest but was able to get a ~2inch group at 25yards.

Name:  124grhst.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  28.9 KB

Threaded G17 TiN blem en route. I hope that it shoots 147s as well as or better than my factory barrel does.
    #RESIST

I've shot mine once since I got it. I like it. It is more consistent with the Federal Champion aluminum 9mm 115 grain I shoot for practice than the stock barrel. I will never be a bullseye shooter but I saw a definite improvement with the S3F barrel. Going to shoot it with 124 gr +P and 147 Gold Dot soon to see if there's improvement there as well and to see which it prefers.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 02-09-2017 at 02:22 AM.

I shot my "blem" TIn threaded G17 S3F barrel today for the first time. I cannot find a single mark on it and cannot ascertain why it is a "blem."

The barrel shot my 124gr cast and coated reloads about 30% better than my stock Gen4 G17 barrel, but it shot to a better POA/POI than the stock barrel. The stock barrel shoots high at 7 yards, the S3F pretty much punches the center out of a target at that range.

Also, I had a few issues where the rounds took light hits to the primer and a second strike did ignite them. COAL too long perhaps?

Anyway, I'm very happy with this S3F barrel. I can't wait to see what it does with my 147gr reloads.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 02-16-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I shot my "blem" TIn threaded G17 S3F barrel today for the first time. I cannot find a single mark on it and cannot ascertain why it is a "blem."

The barrel shot my 124gr cast and coated reloads about 30% better than my stock Gen4 G17 barrel, but it shot to a better POA/POI than the stock barrel. The stock barrel shoots high at 7 yards, the S3F pretty much punches the center out of a target at that range.

Also, I had a few issues where the rounds took light hits to the primer and a second strike did ignite them. COAL too long perhaps?

Anyway, I'm very happy with this S3F barrel. I can't wait to see what it does with my 147gr reloads.
    have you asked s3f what the blems generally are?

non-visible blems would not sit well with me, as it would mean i am missing an issue that the factory/mfg caught.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

As I stated before, the s3f barrel seems to work best with less consistent cheaper ammo. In contrast the Barsto I have is very consistent with more premium ammo.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    As I stated before, the s3f barrel seems to work best with less consistent cheaper ammo. In contrast the Barsto I have is very consistent with more premium ammo.
    Quit fucking around and buy a reloading press
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    how does the s3f work with the more premium ammo?

User Tag List