Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S3F Solutions Barrel

S3F Solutions Barrel

I ordered an S3F Solutions Barrel for my Glock 17 MOS which is paired with a Vortex Venom and Dawson sights. The Sights are not cowitnessed and in factory configuration with the gun with factory barrel I was pulling groups from a rest a touch to the left and it averaged at about 2-3 inches to the left freestyle past 15 yards and also on the rest. I did not have this problem with my Glock 19 or any other factory handguns that I've owned.

My G17MOS set up is to learn about running a dot on a gun and also USPSA Carry Optics when I can get to matches.

For the longest time I was skeptical of aftermarket barrels for Glocks and never installed them in any glocks I have owned (17, 19*, 34) all of which have been Gen4's except for the 19 which is an RTF and carry gun.

Today at the range I shot groups with my factory barrel and the S3F after drifting the rear sight to dead center of the slide. I had to recenter the rear sight because with the factory barrel I had to drift it to the right for POA to POI. As before the factory barrel shot to the left, after installing the S3F all of my shots were dead center including freestyle groups at 5,7,10,15,20 yards. In my individual case the S3F barrel worked and now I don't need to deal with off-center iron sights. I rezeroed the Vortex Venom at 25yrds from rest and was very happy with the grouping after some adjustments.

Takeaways on the S3F:
    - The S3F barrel is a lot tighter fitting than the factory but still drop in
    - Between the Atlanta Arms 147gr, Blazer 124gr, and Magtech 115gr my barrel barrel tended to like the Magtech
    - I got the TiN coated non fluted G17 barrel. The TiN coated barrel might make me look like an internet gunfighter ready to fight at the food court but it's a great finish.
    - I picked the TiN coated option because I want some first hand experience with the finish
    - I went with the traditional barrel (non-fluted and non-threaded) for USPSA/IDPA rules
    - Lock up and fit seemed to improve and the gun certainly felt tighter
    - In my case it fixed the left shooting tendency as opposed to drifting the rear sight.
    - Very High quality and robust

Picture on the target is a 25yrd 3 shot group with the red dot zeroed in. Ammunition was the Magtech 115gr. Pretty happy about this as I've shot USPSA matches with some long shots.

Hope this helps! I'm also very very happy that my Iron sights are now centered on the gun instead of the rear having to be drifted to the right. I highly recommend this drop in barrel as an option.

Name:  s3fbarrel.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  49.1 KB

Damn, impressive.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Damn, impressive.
    Thanks! As soon as I got the dot to where I wanted I put that fresh target up and had to hold in my excited screaming when I saw that 3 shot group.

I am close to getting a good review of the S3F threaded barrel I have done - probably another month or so.

It shoots cheaper ammo more consistently, like WWB.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've been on the fence but I'll have to snag one now.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Have you gents noticed if these change (improve) the ejection in your Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I've been on the fence but I'll have to snag one now.
    They do custom laser logo stuff...I am tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Same.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Pic of 10 round group on B8 at 25?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I've been running an S3F in my G17 Gen4 for over a year. I went with the black finish, because I hate "gun bling". I've got nothing negative to say about it, and definitely don't regret the purchase. It made the gun noticeably more consistent from about 20 yards and beyond. I've probably put 1500-2000 rounds through the gun, with the S3F barrel in it and have yet to have the gun hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Ejection after the 250rd session was pretty consistent and no brass to the face. With the Magtech 115gr, Blazer 124gr the brass ejected neatly to about 2o clock. With the Atlanta Arms 147 the ejection didn't chuck the brass as far since it's match ammo but it was constant. It's a touch more consistent than the Factory Barrel in my G17 MOS but I haven't done anything with the extractor on the gun itself.

User Tag List