Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

Site Supporter
    I bought a Cobra for my LGS yesterday (out of layaway), put 100 rounds of Federal 158 grain.
    Nice trigger, seems to hit a wall (I think that is the correct term) right before it the trigger breaks.
    I seemed to pushing the shots to the left. A few more range trips will tell if it's me or the gun.

Overall really liked it though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Nice trigger, seems to hit a wall (I think that is the correct term) right before it the trigger breaks. I seemed to pushing the shots to the left.
    That would be the infamous V-spring stacking trigger Colt DA revolvers have been known for for years. I was surprised to see inside one of these, and there was the old V-spring design on a newly introduced revolver.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 03-27-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Action is different on the new Cobras. Similar but different Long Linear is what they call it the spring rate, length and shape is different, so is the gripframe where the spring nestles into.

Shot my Cobra again yesterday and continue to love it. Smooth all the way through the stroke with "no stacking". Might want to check ammo caseheads and clearance.

Love my just as it came from the factory. My favorite snubby, stock, and that's a first. Love the Hogues on it.

Owned DSes and Cobras for decades and this is definitely an improved action.

Last edited by Zeke38; 03-29-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Site Supporter
    Playing around with my speed loaders I have found that both the HKS DS and the Comp II K frame loaders work with the gun. They were both hanging up somewhat with the k frame loader being slightly better. After looking at it more it was due to the way the grips were shaped. I am currently using the vz grips. I ended up taking as much off of the grips as I thought I could safely (without wearing them so thin they would break). I found that with that off the comp II K frame loader works a lot better with the rounds dropping in better. I didn't take any pictures of what the grips were shaped like prior, but this is what they look like now:

Name:  IMG_6854.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  15.5 KB

I guess the best way to explain it is to take off the ridges as it was catching on the ridge by the trigger guard.

Site Supporter
    Had mine to the range today. Compared to a K and N frame I had with me the trigger is a lot heavier. Maybe not a fair comparison. Maybe I should be comparing it to a J frame.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Closer to a j for sure. I think the biggest issue is the skinny trigger. Makes the pull seem like a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Had mine to the range today. Compared to a K and N frame I had with me the trigger is a lot heavier. Maybe not a fair comparison. Maybe I should be comparing it to a J frame.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ll give a little update on my new cobra.

I did a 1000 dry fire training routine over several days to work on my trigger pull and see if there were any affects to the cobra.

The results are, my trigger control is better, the new cobra trigger is a lot smoother and carry up remains the same.

I really, really wished the new cobra was lighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    I’ll give a little update on my new cobra.

I did a 1000 dry fire training routine over several days to work on my trigger pull and see if there were any affects to the cobra.

The results are, my trigger control is better, the new cobra trigger is a lot smoother and carry up remains the same.

I really, really wished the new cobra was lighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Colt supposedly has an aluminum frame Cobra in the works for next year. That’s if CZ doesn’t change priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Colt supposedly has an aluminum frame Cobra in the works for next year. That’s if CZ doesn’t change priorities.
    You, *good sir, have given me time to procure appropriate lube for my checkbook. For that, I thank you.

*and if you are a lady, dude who looks like a lady, or just hate the English language—apologies in advance. Regardless, thanks.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List