Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    At $699 retail, if the trigger pull and QC is there, they can call it the Colt trouser snake for all I care.

I've always wanted another DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...I would probably buy one if they did that. "The Colt for pocket carry...the trouser snake!"

I think I might consider the name "Trouser Snake" a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I think I might consider the name "Trouser Snake" a selling point.
    And to compete with the S&W Ladysmith they can produce a "Garter Snake" version. I think this ad campaign might well have legs.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...I would probably buy one if they did that. "The Colt for pocket carry...the trouser snake!"
    Have to qualify with it too..

You:"Hey do one of you have the time to qualify me on my trouser snake. Here is the paper work."

Range staff:"Barrel length 1.8 inches eh?.. Sorry to hear that."

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Have to qualify with it too..

You:"Hey do one of you have the time to qualify me on my trouser snake. Here is the paper work."

Range staff:"Barrel length 1.8 inches eh?.. Sorry to hear that."
    To which he replies it's girth not length...or...it's not the size of the weapon but the fury of the attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    The sideplate screw is not in the same place as earlier Cobra/DS's. That may mean new lockwork. I'll see if I can get my hands on one of these at SHOT and report back.
    Check out this thread, supposedly it has new guts. May start selling in Feb. NDA in place until Jan. 1.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt...s-surface.html

If the market gives it a thumbs up, I am in.
    Last edited by FPS; 12-29-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    I don't know, calling my two inch pocket 38 my trouser snake would just open you up to ridicule. You can joke all you want about girth and I got six shots but it's still two inches. They should have stuck with the detective special, agent and cobra names. Or just call it the colt carry 38 revolver similar to the previous colt carry magnum. T least they didn't call it the new colt mamba or rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I don't know, calling my two inch pocket 38 my trouser snake would just open you up to ridicule. You can joke all you want about girth and I got six shots but it's still two inches. They should have stuck with the detective special, agent and cobra names. Or just call it the colt carry 38 revolver similar to the previous colt carry magnum. T least they didn't call it the new colt mamba or rattlesnake
    Really, I think it was all meant as a joke...you know...

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I would do pretty much anything for the opportunity to draw one and deliver the line "Oh yeah? Well choke on my two inch trouser snake, mofo!"
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I would do pretty much anything for the opportunity to draw one and deliver the line "Oh yeah? Well choke on my two inch trouser snake, mofo!"
    I never used that particular line but I once offered a Gov't Model Series 70 for consumption to a dirt bag that was part of a crew we rounded up who were responsible for the death of a friend of mine who had been co-piloting a Black Hawk which was chasing their dope laden vessel in the Florida Straits.

I can't say that I was particularly proud of my behavior afterward but it sure felt good getting one back for George.

I was on the SRT team that went in to round the scumbags up and we didn't find out until right before we went in that they were the crew responsible.
    Needless to say, passions ran a little hotter than normal.

ETA:

(The guy had a gun in his belt and after I had him on the ground and invited him to eat, I told him I wanted him to go for his gun. Of course he didn't and he did pretty much what you'd have expected him to do under the circumstances. After he soiled himself I just looked up and said that's for you, George. I've never done anything like that either previously or afterward during the duration of my career.)
    Last edited by blues; 12-29-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    The sideplate screw is not in the same place as earlier Cobra/DS's. That may mean new lockwork. I'll see if I can get my hands on one of these at SHOT and report back.
    New lockwork might be a good thing. I have a vague memory that the small Colts lost their timing quickly when frequently fired in double action mode.

User Tag List