Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I ll believe it when I see an actual picture from Colt.
    Bet that there will be a lot of traffic to Colt's booth as soon as they open the doors to the SHOT show.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I ll believe it when I see an actual picture from Colt.
    Ditto and I'll go one further; I'll believe it when I see one out in the wild. I did see one new Cobra at my LGS two weeks ago. First one ever. Even Keltecs are easier to find, not that I'm looking.

Site Supporter
    Crimson trace boot grips!!!! They really need to make these for colts

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    I saw this on another forum. Maybe not best to pass hearsay?

" Colt will soon come out with a variant of the new Cobra. It will be matte black, DAO with no hammer spur and will have a tritium front sight. The hammer spring and sear will be reworked from the current model and so it should have an even better DA trigger pull. They are also looking into other variants. CT is working on laser grips for the Cobra."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I may have overheard conversation of this while in CT recently...
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Aw, yeah. Time to start saving money.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Oh there are always actual people around who "get it" and discuss smart things in the firearms industry. It is getting it from the discussion stage past the meeting stage where the practical thing gets shelved for the new bedazzled zombie green thing nobody serious wants, but the marketing guy thinks will sell to whatever demographic they are looking at. Sadly, the Zombie Fighter 3000 will usually win out in both corporate meetings and sales to the mass of mouth breathers will outweigh the needs and sales to the small minority of serious people.

I am hoping it happens, but I will wait till I see at minimum an official press release with a picture before actual excitement and penny saving kicks in.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Does the new cobra have a bushing at the front of the cylinder to correct end shake?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish someone would come in and do for Colt what Ernest Langdon and Bill Wilson are doing for Beretta. Colt would have to listen and give them a shot and that’s where the problem would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I wish someone would come in and do for Colt what Ernest Langdon and Bill Wilson are doing for Beretta. Colt would have to listen and give them a shot and that’s where the problem would be.
    They sort of had that up until last year, IIRC. Word is, it was the guys in the custom shop who A) figured out how to make the shortest 1911s run (defender R&D) and B) reworked the Cobra into a solution that was both affordable, and viable. Doesn’t take much of a google search to figure out how that ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually listening to people like Ernest is not a long term thing. These things tend to happen in small spurts if at all.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List