Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Shot it quite a bit Saturday and the whole combo is a total win for me. Shoots good, hits to the sights with 130 +P .38, action is predictable and the gun is reliable and easy to shoot with mild recoil. It is simply a great Snub Revolver. Best description would be like a mid weight Model 64 2”, which is one of the best Snubs ever made for practical use and carry. The 64 2” was the Glock 26 of its day. The Cobra is the wheelgun Glock 43. Best analogy I could come up with.
    Thanks for that! I have enough experience with 2" k frames to get what you're saying. That's pretty high praise.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    That reminds me. Tomorrow I'm going to strap on my 2 inch M64 da only and go to town. I haven't carried it in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Shot it quite a bit Saturday and the whole combo is a total win for me. Shoots good, hits to the sights with 130 +P .38, action is predictable and the gun is reliable and easy to shoot with mild recoil. It is simply a great Snub Revolver. Best description would be like a mid weight Model 64 2”, which is one of the best Snubs ever made for practical use and carry. The 64 2” was the Glock 26 of its day. The Cobra is the wheelgun Glock 43. Best analogy I could come up with.
    I do NOT need one of these. (Must keep saying that.)

But dang, that sounds cool. I have an old '57 production Cobra that I've had for a long time that is one sweet old wheel gun. Must-resist-urge-to-buy-new-Cobra...

I saw this on another forum. Maybe not best to pass hearsay?

" Colt will soon come out with a variant of the new Cobra. It will be matte black, DAO with no hammer spur and will have a tritium front sight. The hammer spring and sear will be reworked from the current model and so it should have an even better DA trigger pull. They are also looking into other variants. CT is working on laser grips for the Cobra."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post

" Colt will soon come out with a variant of the new Cobra. It will be matte black, DAO with no hammer spur and will have a tritium front sight. The hammer spring and sear will be reworked from the current model and so it should have an even better DA trigger pull. They are also looking into other variants. CT is working on laser grips for the Cobra."

Following!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here's his whole post from Defensive Carry. I don't go on other forums much, so I don't know if it's typical banter. He did mention Remington's issues a few days before it was made public.

Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose. The Colt news sounds the most appealing. I better start saving up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have a good friend who is very plugged into the gun industry and I talked to him recently. Below are some tidbits that may be of interest. CAVEAT: I don’t usually keep up on this stuff, so some of this may be common knowledge.
    • Colt plans to come out with a double-stack polymer striker pistol that has 1911 ergonomics.
    • Colt plans to come out with a new Python, but they have put it off for a while, maybe two years. There are prototypes in existence.
    • Colt will soon come out with a variant of the new Cobra. It will be matte black, DAO with no hammer spur and will have a tritium front sight. The hammer spring and sear will be reworked from the current model and so it should have an even better DA trigger pull. They are also looking into other variants. CT is working on laser grips for the Cobra.
    • The market for .380 is dropping off across the board. Most manufacturers will continue to support what they have, but not try to expand with that caliber. Most of the R&D into small handguns is focusing on “tiny nineys.”
    • Remington will probably file for bankruptcy.
    • Ruger is having financial troubles.
    • Glock, Sig and S&W are doing OK.
    • Beretta has been completely turned over to a new generation of the family, who are proving to be not very competent. Don't look for great things from them in the future.
    • The industry moguls want the Connecticut gun maker liability case to go to SCOTUS, where they feel confident that the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act will be upheld and the idea of gun maker liability will be largely put to rest.
    • As another thread here discussed, Republican control of Congress and the Executive Branch has sales of military-style sporting rifles way down. Even these latest calls for for new anti-gun legislation are not causing upticks in the market that such proposals used to cause.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

".......CT is working on laser grips for the Cobra."
    About mofo-ing time.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

" Colt will soon come out with a variant of the new Cobra. It will be matte black, DAO with no hammer spur and will have a tritium front sight. The hammer spring and sear will be reworked from the current model and so it should have an even better DA trigger pull. They are also looking into other variants...
    Be still my beating heart. See my "holiday wish list" thread. This post gets my tail wagging.

Site Supporter
    Hoping the Crimson Trace grips are a good size for concealed carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I ll believe it when I see an actual picture from Colt.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List