Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

Newt: waiting anxiously for your range report with photos (hope, hope) to see what this Colt does on paper. In this part of Idaho probably won't see a new Cobra in the flesh for a couple of years. Have followed the introduction of this model closely but photos of accuracy results are lacking.

Site Supporter
    Maybe Colt will see fit to make an "Airweight" version with a hammer shroud and boot grips for pocket or ankle carry. If it could be bought for less than $550, I would be there with cash in hand. The D frame Colts have always fit my hands better.

A relative of mine has a couple of old Colt revolvers. Nice guns. But one of them is outta action. Its a PIA finding parts and qualified gunsmiths. I wonder if things will get better in this regard with the introduction of their new revolvers. Colt has been, to put it kindly, 'quirky' when it comes to management practices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Maybe Colt will see fit to make an "Airweight" version with a hammer shroud and boot grips for pocket or ankle carry. If it could be bought for less than $550, I would be there with cash in hand. The D frame Colts have always fit my hands better.
    I would be on that like I am on fish at an all you can eat Sushi bar. With that said, I will likely grab the new steel Cobra the second one shows up at the local shop. I already have three SL Variant loaders ready to go, and the gun should be a solid shooter.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I would be on that like I am on fish at an all you can eat Sushi bar.
    "Like a fat boy on cake" is what I would say to describe MY reaction, but, basically, yeah - I'd just open up a direct deposit line to my nearest gun store were Colt to make and airweight of this new round gun...

Oh, and parkerize that bitch so it would look like a real "Agent" from back in the day...

I have S&W, Kimber and Ruger snubs so you know I'm going to buy one when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    "Like a fat boy on cake" is what I would say to describe MY reaction, but, basically, yeah - I'd just open up a direct deposit line to my nearest gun store were Colt to make and airweight of this new round gun...

Oh, and parkerize that bitch so it would look like a real "Agent" from back in the day...
    I no longer do sugar.....it's my next best analogy. All you can eat beef ribs elicit the same response. Funny, if the mid 60's Colt Agent is at the shop still when I go tomorrow, it will be on layaway. That would be the way to go on a look and name if they do a lightweight of the new Cobra. I actually kind of understand the idea of Colt to associate the new revolver with the Snake guns of old. For a daily carry Airweight back up, the Agent would be a good model to harken back to.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I would be on that like I am on fish at an all you can eat Sushi bar. With that said, I will likely grab the new steel Cobra the second one shows up at the local shop. I already have three SL Variant loaders ready to go, and the gun should be a solid shooter.
    There was actually one at the Chantilly, VA gun show this weekend. The gentleman examining it before me was prepared to buy until he noticed that the left rubber grip panel was quite visibly torn at the speed loader cutout.
    The vendor assured him that a new rubber grip could be gotten from Colt and offered the guy a break on the price, which was $669.
    He left and I briefly fondled the Colt. It fit my hand fairly well and was externally finished like a Smith 642.
    The action was zip tied and I did not ask the dealer to cut it so I could test the trigger pull. The front sight was red fiber optic and a huge improvement over my '75 Colt Detective Special front sight.
    If the street price comes down more and there are no major teething pains, I can see adding one to the small herd of snub .38s in the house.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Old Colt Cobra

Name:  IMG_2769.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  53.8 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Name:  IMG_2769.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  53.8 KB
    That is fucking awesome. Did Oleg Volk's grand dad do that?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List