Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    Smith & Wesson needs to get busy learning how to do QC.
    FIFY.

Just handled for the first time ever a Colt Cobra Aluminum frame. The trigger was sweet. Made me wonder why oh why they didn't make a revolver to compete with the J frame who's trigger is horrible.
    Did Colt ever make a pocket carry revolver?
    Didn't S&W purchase Crimson Trace? Do you think they would allow laser grips for a Colt revolver?
    Last edited by UNK; 12-29-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Just handled for the first time ever a Colt Cobra Aluminum frame. The trigger was sweet. Made me wonder why oh why they didn't make a revolver to compete with the J frame who's trigger is horrible.
    Did Colt ever make a pocket carry revolver?
    Here are two good ones. Top gun is a great carry gun with a great trigger. Bottom is set up as a snag free six shot lightweight pocket or deep hideout gun, and works great in that role.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    As a huge fan of the original Cobra....this should be interesting. Steel frame and Cobra do not go together, but we ll see what happens,
    I thought that the only difference between the Cobra and the Detective Special is that the Cobra had an alloy frame and the DS had a steel frame.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Hopefully the grip frame is the same as the old D frames. If they make sure the quality is there and add the alloy frame with the hammer shroud they should sell enough to lower the price like the S&W 642. If they make a modern alloy cobra or agent with the hammer shroud and crimson trace BOOT grip I will buy three for myself and one for my wife. But they need to be close to 642 price. Kind of like the diffence between a glock 19 and an HK VP9

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I thought that the only difference between the Cobra and the Detective Special is that the Cobra had an alloy frame and the DS had a steel frame.

Okie John
    That was my point. If the "New Cobra" has a steel frame, it should be called a Detective Special or some variation. I would have liked to have seen an alloy version that could be the Cobra. Smith and Wesson marketers have been guilty of using legendary names of guns with earned reputations of being great to try to sell crap....."Bodyguard" being a good example. I am sure this is a Colt marketing thing to capitalize on "Snake" revolvers and their recent resurgence in popularity and demand.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

At $699 retail, if the trigger pull and QC is there, they can call it the Colt trouser snake for all I care.

I've always wanted another DS.

Site Supporter
    The sideplate screw is not in the same place as earlier Cobra/DS's. That may mean new lockwork. I'll see if I can get my hands on one of these at SHOT and report back.
    Last edited by Tom Givens; 12-29-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    they can call it the Colt trouser snake for all I care.
    ...I would probably buy one if they did that. "The Colt for pocket carry...the trouser snake!"

I've always wanted a J frame. I guess this would be even cooler
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List