Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

That is all you got?

Site Supporter
    Needs a crimson trace boot grip and a lightweight alloy frame. But I'm looking forward to this

If we're trying to will Colt into reintroducing products by the power of wishful thinking my thought goes to an Anaconda.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    This could be a great Joe or Josie Homeowner home defense sixgun if Colt doesn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like Smith seems to do with the M&P series. Add a 3" barreled version and it could be perfect for that role. If Colt doesn't screw it up, it will be like printing money. If the street price is reasonable, I see one in my future. Very curious about pricing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I wonder what "revised grip structure" means? A Ruger style peg system maybe? It also looks like the front sight fits in through a notch at the front of the barrel. I'm very intrigued. Surely they've stuck with six shots, I wonder what it'll weigh with the steel frame?
    Between this, the new Kimbers, Nighthawk bringing in the Korths, and new Rugers every time you turn around its a good time to be a revolver fan. Smith & Wesson needs to get busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Smith and Wesson needs to offer their hammer guns without the ILS. That would be like printing money for them.
    Our local Bass Pro Shop had a PC 625 .45 revolver on clearance for $899. I probably would have bought it except for the damn hole in the side.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Needs a crimson trace boot grip and a lightweight alloy frame. But I'm looking forward to this
    I'm hoping that CT does make them. I'd like to buy one for my Detective Special, if the old ones are compatible with this "new grip structure".
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-29-2016 at 07:19 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    You forgot the bobbed hammer.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

The heavy frame ruins it for me.

I would buy one with an alloy frame.

Any idea if it uses the exact lockwork of the originals? Or has it been re-designed for . . . a little more lifespan on the timing thing?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

New Colt Cobra

I just saw this over on the Colt Forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm even more excited than I was last night especially over that MSRP.
    Last edited by Eastex; 12-29-2016 at 09:44 AM.

User Tag List