Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

New Colt Cobra

As a huge fan of the original Cobra....this should be interesting. Steel frame and Cobra do not go together, but we ll see what happens,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Thanks for posting. What's the source of your pic if you can say?

More the snake line coming out as part of the restructure?

I am truly fired up. If they bring these to market with no cheapened features (MIM, polymer bearings, etc), no QC issues, and moderately reasonable price, I'll have at least one and it will likely replace the J-frame as an all the time EDC. I stopped carrying my old aluminum frame due to parts availability concerns. A great carry gun. This is big for me...most excited I've been over a gun release in years! Not a fan of the sight, but I can live with it. When can we expect these??
    Last edited by Willard; 12-29-2016 at 12:37 AM.

New Colt Cobra

I wonder what "revised grip structure" means? A Ruger style peg system maybe? It also looks like the front sight fits in through a notch at the front of the barrel. I'm very intrigued. Surely they've stuck with six shots, I wonder what it'll weigh with the steel frame?
    Between this, the new Kimbers, Nighthawk bringing in the Korths, and new Rugers every time you turn around its a good time to be a revolver fan. Smith & Wesson needs to get busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eastex; 12-29-2016 at 12:45 AM.

As if I wasn't already planning on buying a bunch of revolvers in 2017.

Damn, I can't quit looking at it. Colt Cobras, 44 Special GP 100's, 8 round RedHawks , Nighthawk Korths, I know Trump said we'd get tired of winning but I had no idea he was talking about revolvers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so excited, I can't get to sleep

I'm not even a revolver guy and I'm excited. I've thought for a while that if Colt's custom shop started putting out Pythons with quality small parts, they'd make a fortune. Hopefully this is the start of something like that. If nothing else, this should be a direct competitor for the 640 Pro, but it could be the start of something good.

1. Narrow down production line to good quality 1911s ready to go out of the box, classic quality revolvers, and 6920s
    2. ???*
    3. Profit

*Can be pretty much anything--take a long lunch, play solitaire on the work computer, challenge co-workers to beer pong, etc. Just do a slightly better marketing job than HK, and it will be like printing money...

This does look rather interesting- I'm excited.
    Hope the thing works good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    As if I wasn't already planning on buying a bunch of revolvers in 2017.
    No kidding.

Ben Franklin said "beer is proof that God loves us" only because he didn't live to see 2016/2017's revolver offerings.

User Tag List