Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

Site Supporter
    When I think about all the problems S&W has had with the M&P line, this thought pops into my head. Our nation has a large number of expert pistol smiths who could have served as consultants to resolve these issues long ago. They could have collaborated with engineers and other resource persons to keep prices competitive and make good handguns. Am I being naïve to think that this idea might work?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    When I think about all the problems S&W has had with the M&P line, this thought pops into my head. Our nation has a large number of expert pistol smiths who could have served as consultants to resolve these issues long ago. They could have collaborated with engineers and other resource persons to keep prices competitive and make good handguns. Am I being naïve to think that this idea might work?
    Would you be comfortable with those products doubling or tripling in price? Because that is the cost for attention to detail and for these companies to truly give a shit for the concerns of the dedicated user. The general public is more than happy affirming whatever marketing campaign or Grip Zone-esque thing is given to them.

http://pistol-training.com/articles/...rs-perspective

I compiled this on mobile, so forgive any brevity.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Todd Green got it right in his article. I'm still confused why Smith after a couple attempts could not get make the M&P work--hence my suggestion about using consultants. I fully understand that "they" don't care about poor quality control. As a teacher of 30 years, I'm convinced that the population is becoming more dumb. I include school personnel in this group too.

Any updates from folks that have one of these?

I'm seriously considering tracking one of these down.

I'm also very interested in one but does anyone know if there's any decent AIWB holster offerings for it?

Was killing time this morning and stopped and a local gun shop and finger banged one of these. I was kinda impressed. Think I’d rather have a night sight instead of the FO. Anyone making aftermarket sights yet?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I fondled one at my LGS. It seemed to dry-function well, and the grips and sights were nice, but that brushed stainless is pretty ugly. It looked like a cheap, painter on finish, even though it is homogeneous metal. I’ll hold out for the Night Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I fondled one at my LGS. It seemed to dry-function well, and the grips and sights were nice, but that brushed stainless is pretty ugly. It looked like a cheap, painter on finish, even though it is homogeneous metal. I’ll hold out for the Night Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After re-reading the night cobra thread and being reminded that it’s gonna have a DLC coating, I agree with you. Add a set of the cool blue/black VZ grips to make it that much better.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Vending Machine Operator
    Todd Green got it right in his article. I'm still confused why Smith after a couple attempts could not get make the M&P work--hence my suggestion about using consultants. I fully understand that "they" don't care about poor quality control. As a teacher of 30 years, I'm convinced that the population is becoming more dumb. I include school personnel in this group too.
    Based on my experience with two of the M2.0 pistols, which admittedly are not at a high enough round count to have a major stake yet (about 250 rounds each), I would submit that Smith has, in fact, made the M&P work. I am fully prepared to eat crow on this if they end up sucking later. One nice part of having a nice cross-section of brands is that I have no denial or fanboyism if one isn't cutting it, despite my signature. Heck, I sold 5 of 6 Sig Sauers in the space of two months after I got tired of trying with them. If they suck, I'll post about it. But so far they absolutely rock and I do not understand at all how the M2.0 is losing so many contracts to the P320.

To stay on topic, I want to try one of the Cobras soon. My Colt experience is a sample of one, but that one is a very well done 2016-manufacture 1911 that is close to 1000 perfect rounds out of the box without cleaning or lubrication.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-17-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I also hope that Smith has a winner with the 2.0. My two older Shields in 9 and .45 have been good performers. I may buy an M&P Compact with safety for appendix carry.
    Last edited by willie; 08-17-2018 at 11:36 PM.

User Tag List