Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Hmm. I wonder what that makes me for buying 58 lbs of Titegroup, 72,300 primers and 104,500 bullets.
    A USPSA shooter who already has plenty of brass?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    And if you shoot rifles, you'll never know how accurate they can really be until you do some experimenting.
    Boy that's the truth... There's nothing like the feeling you get when you shoot your first sub-moa group at 100yds with ammo that YOU made...

Hmm. I wonder what that makes me for buying 58 lbs of Titegroup, 72,300 primers and 104,500 bullets.
    Public Enemy Number 1 in Seattle...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Hang on, I gotta list:
    1. Definitely not an IDPA shooter
    2. Short on brass
    3. One of those guys who probably has a Mark7
    4. A guy who doesn't mind the smokiness of Titegroup and probably shoulda got HP38 instead

Nah just kidding man...I'm actually kinda jealous.

As for the idea of "what's your time worth" brought up by Rob, I do see where you're coming from. It's actually what kept me from going to a progressive for some time, but I ultimately found that picking up extra shifts is something I don't do a lot...Typically for reasons of sanity. I love what I do and probably would not do anything else, but I silently mouth "what the fuck" about 20 times a shift. So I do pick up (usually I ho' myself out for incentive pay) but not much. I see reloading as a way I cut costs, is sort of a fun hobby, and my work/life balance is maintained. Typically it means less money, but I cover my expenses and have enough to sock away a little at the end of the month.

Plus, all the extra money I make for picking up a shift usually goes towards more reloading components, a new rifle scope etc...Then I'll spend an hour or so in the basement on my progressive, make 200-300 rounds of ammo while listening to a podcast.

Damn...Thread drift. Sorry.

As for new Colt wheelies...Call me when they re-do the Python and we'll talk.

I have a 2" nickel and 4" original Cobras and also a 3" DS-II I bought around 1994 for $280 when Colt was discontinuing them. i always regretted not having a 2" version too so if all is well with the new Cobra I will probably pick one up.
    I often have a revolver in my jacket pocket to back up my G19 in cold weather. I always feel a little better with that extra round over my SW J frames too.
    Looking forward to these hitting the market

Firearmblog obsevations:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...sions-shot-17/

My armchair observations: the finish on #19 totally looks like tuna fish in the pics, but I sort of like that. Everyone needs a compact, reliable, 6-shooter with a sweet trigger, grown-up sized trigger guard, and a big FO sight—that they're not afraid to bang up.

Here's hoping production delivers on all fronts, including the Tonka toy bead blast.

My new fucking hero!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You haven't hung out much with Prancing Pony (Colt) collectors, have you?

Those dudes would bitch if you gave them $100 and it wasn't in $20s or if you hung 'em with a new rope.

The bummer part about the trigger guard is it means older D-Frame holsters probably won't fit and that does suck...Because I have a box full of D-Frame holsters waiting for a new Colt Cobra. That said...I'll survive. New Colt Cobra = New Colt Revolver = RevolverRob is happy.

In fact, between .44 SPL GP100, 8-shot Redhawk, Colt Cobra, the rumor of a new Python. All I need is for the Crye Six12 to actually make it out this year and for Smith to get their act together and do a new no-lock run of 3" Performance Center M13s and 2.5" dove-tailed front sight Performance Center no-lock 642s and I'll be happier than a pig in shit.

Seriously...it's a good year to be a wheelgun lover. The trouble is...I just dropped a wad of cash expecting a Clinton Presidency on LEM HKs...
    Well, um, Sir - Mr. Revolver Bob, if you have too many of those H&K LEM's, first of all, are any of them P30SK's? And, if I may ask further, do you wish to part with any of those?

Fingerbanged a couple Cobras at the show today.

Was well impressed by the triggers on the ones I tried. Sights seem workable as well. Generally it's like it's the 70's again and the D frame has the same advantages it had over a J frame. And probably the same disadvantages.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Fingerbanged a couple Cobras at the show today.

Was well impressed by the triggers on the ones I tried. Sights seem workable as well. Generally it's like it's the 70's again and the D frame has the same advantages it had over a J frame. And probably the same disadvantages.
    I see just advantages over both the old D frames - this lockwork seems stouter, simpler &, suprisingly, smoother than the old Colts. Its bigger & heavier than a J frame - that issue swings both ways.
    I'm VERY excited about the upcoming expansion of available holsters & accessories for the D frame!

User Tag List