Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any shot timer available with a headphone jack?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Are you sure? As in have one personally or have used it? That would be *great* news, but reading the ced7000 user manual, it explicitly states the jack is meant to drive an external horn etc with a 3.7 volt current emitted in exact conjunction with the beep. I can't tell from the manual if you can turn off the external beep and actually drive a beep through headphones with this.
    As an owner of a ced 7000 I wanted to know so I grabbed a pair of headphones and tried.

In summary, it does work with headphones which is a game changer for me! My wife also would get annoyed by the beep so I only use a timer when she isn't there.

You can turn off the external beep by going to the "silent op" setting and selecting "on". It emits more of a click than a beep through the headphones but it seems like it will work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Its called 'Free Shot Timer' for the iPhone.
    How do you get the app to play the beep through the headphones? Mine just plays through the speakers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    As an owner of a ced 7000 I wanted to know so I grabbed a pair of headphones and tried.

In summary, it does work with headphones which is a game changer for me! My wife also would get annoyed by the beep so I only use a timer when she isn't there.

You can turn off the external beep by going to the "silent op" setting and selecting "on". It emits more of a click than a beep through the headphones but it seems like it will work!
    Thanks! You're awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    How do you get the app to play the beep through the headphones? Mine just plays through the speakers.
    I use the cable supplied with the Sordins. One end into the iPhone, other into the headset jack on the Sordins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Thanks! You're awesome!
    I tried this at the range today and the click it makes is not loud enough to pick up. It would work for at home but it's too quiet to use at the range.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List